Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you most excited for?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default What are you most excited for?

With all the new info from Uncovered and now that the release date is finally in place officially, What are you looking forward to the most?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

To not look at any details.

i mean p much every FF except XIII was spoiled a bit for me.

i knew Kefka was the true villain.
    i knew Aeris died
    i knew edea was controlled by Ultimecia.
    i knew Kuja was Zidanes brother.

i want this blind

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Exploring some of the towns. We've seen a real variety - I especially like the look of the Cuba-ish one and the one that looks like Venice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The world and the story. I'm curious about all those places that they've showed us, but I really wonder what story they'll serve us after ten years of rewrites. Part of me is kind of worried, but then part of me is really hopeful.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Like Fynn, the world, especially the cities, look stunning and I'm excited to explore them. The characters... I don't really have enough information to get a good read on them, and they've definitely been the most controversial elements of development, especially in regards to the inclusion of female characters.

I mean, not having a single playable female character is a bold decision, and not one I automatically approve of. Having said that, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, and the relationship between the brotagonists, if done well, will make me not care as much. As long as the female NPCs are strong, it's something I'm willing to overlook though I understand if others can't.

The combat system seems interesting, and I like that they're including an option to tone down the fast-paced nature. The cooking and camping mechanics seem interesting, and might give opportunities for some intimate moments with the crew.

Basically, Uncovered has reinvigorated interest in the game for me. I've yet to play the demo; the combat system will become more clearer to me after playing it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I guess I'm most excited to see what people think of the game as a whole. Throughout the development cycle we've gotten some limited demos and various news releases regarding this component or that component. Most of it sounds really cool, but for the game to be a success it really needs to be a cohesive experience and not just a sum of its parts. I'm looking forward to the thing finally being released and we can see how it all comes together.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Like Fynn, the world, especially the cities, look stunning and I'm excited to explore them. The characters... I don't really have enough information to get a good read on them, and they've definitely been the most controversial elements of development, especially in regards to the inclusion of female characters.

I mean, not having a single playable female character is a bold decision, and not one I automatically approve of. Having said that, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, and the relationship between the brotagonists, if done well, will make me not care as much. As long as the female NPCs are strong, it's something I'm willing to overlook though I understand if others can't.

The combat system seems interesting, and I like that they're including an option to tone down the fast-paced nature. The cooking and camping mechanics seem interesting, and might give opportunities for some intimate moments with the crew.

Basically, Uncovered has reinvigorated interest in the game for me. I've yet to play the demo; the combat system will become more clearer to me after playing it.
    If I remember correctly, Luna was confirmed to be a guest party member at some point. Who knows if that won't happen with Gentiana and Aranea. And it really makes sense - the main party is a tightly-knit group of guys and this is their journey, the story seems to be about their bond, so other characters (even including Cor) just being guests makes total sense.

Also, when you say "brotagonists" all the time all I picture is like a whole stampede of Yu Narukamis because he's the only character ever that I've seen referred to as a brotagonist

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

If I remember correctly, Luna was confirmed to be a guest party member at some point. Who knows if that won't happen with Gentiana and Aranea. And it really makes sense - the main party is a tightly-knit group of guys and this is their journey, the story seems to be about their bond, so other characters (even including Cor) just being guests makes total sense.

Also, when you say "brotagonists" all the time all I picture is like a whole stampede of Yu Narukamis because he's the only character ever that I've seen referred to as a brotagonist
    The guest party members sounds like a neat idea. Where are they going to go; in the awkward middle back seat?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The world I guess. It looks really big and fun to explore

The characters, the world and the story I can't wait to play the game!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    The world I guess. It looks really big and fun to explore
    The world does look stunning. Watching the trailer gives me goosebumps with all the lush locations on offer.

Going to echo most people in this thread and say world exploration. It truly looks amazing.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Exploring the world and the battle mechanics. Platinum didn't give too much and really curious to see more!

Oh and obviously an orgy between the brohs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Oh and obviously an orgy between the brohs.
    Trust me, there's probably already fan-fic or images about those four already.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Oh, I don't doubt you. But I want canon!