Thread: Best Star Wars Video Game

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it weird that I've only played a little bit of KotOR and couldn't get into it?

Oh no, wait, Midgar Mist reminded me that Lego Star Wars exists, so I'll go with that. It was so much fun playing it with my brother.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Super Return of the Jedi.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lego Star Wars

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Probably TIE Fighter, and then Super Return of the Jedi (even though it is even harder than Super Ghosts n Ghouls).

I have Rogue Squadron for the GC. I should try it at some point.

I've never tried KOTOR.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Battlefront 1 > Battlefront 2 come at me
    you're a disgrace

KOTOR is a bit of a shoe-in for this.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    As cool as KOTOR II is, I can't say it is better than the first one because they shipped it in a very incomplete state.

"But on the PC version fans fixed it and patched all the missing content!"

Okay, as cool as that is, that sort of thing should never come down to the fans. I get that it was politics and if the development team had its way they wouldn't have rushed it out the door, but that still never sat right with me.
    And yet it's still better than kotor 1.

And the obvious answer is shadows of the empire.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    As cool as KOTOR II is, I can't say it is better than the first one because they shipped it in a very incomplete state.

"But on the PC version fans fixed it and patched all the missing content!"

Okay, as cool as that is, that sort of thing should never come down to the fans. I get that it was politics and if the development team had its way they wouldn't have rushed it out the door, but that still never sat right with me.
    And yet it's still better than kotor 1.

And the obvious answer is shadows of the empire.
    I'll confess. I really didn't get down with the grey morality the game had, either. I thought it was an interesting take on the Force, Jedi, and Sith, but the one old Jedi woman (her name escapes me at the moment) pushed it way too hard. Like, if you went to the store with her she'd be all like, "500 calories per serving? That will sure fill you up, but what about starving people? Should you give it to them?" *gives food to starving people* "AH HA! You feel into my guilt trip and now I will lecture you for at least 5 hours on how feeding the poor will absolutely, positively ensure that they will never learn to make money somehow!" Or if you don't give food to the poor, "THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT, MONSTER."

In other words, it was very hamfisted. I also felt that the twist to the game was sort of weak and they obviously tried to build it up in the same dramatic fashion like the twist to the first game. And it also felt like the writers were saying, "Well, we had a big twist everyone liked in the first game. Guess we gotta put in a twist here, too."

I agree with you on Shadows of the Empire being a good game, though. I can still play it today and have loads of fun.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Episode 1 racing game. Only had the demo, so could only play one track with one hover thingy. I played it a tonne.

Battlefront 1 had Bespin, which was the best, but overall 2 was way better, and my friend and I played that all the damn time.

Blog Entries

Oh I forgot about Rebel Assault II. That game was sweet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Battlefront 1 > Battlefront 2 come at me
    you're a disgrace
    Search your feelings. BF2 had some changes to the mechanics that were definitely beneficial, like the ability to sprint and the new gameplay modes, but I felt that it took out more than it put in. The new maps had the Call of Duty disease where they were more like rabbit warrens of short interconnected passages rather than Hoth-style maps where you could have several battles going on in different locations.

Speaking of maps, they took out the best ones! Both Bespin levels, both Rhen Var levels (an absolute travesty), Kashyyyk Islands, Dune Sea, etc. I don't know why, but the levels that were retained, apart from Endor I suppose, never seemed quite as good. I have no idea what they were thinking with the new Geonosis map. I guess Platforms/Islands/Dune Sea got chucked because they wanted to remove all the ones which included aircraft (presumably to get people to play the space maps), but flying around dropping bombs on people was what made the whole thing fun. The space battles themselves sounded amazing on paper but I actually found them pretty boring, and judging by the lack of people playing them whenever I went online, others felt the same way.

I'm the minority of people who never liked the idea of playable Jedi either. I thought it was a bit dumb and the controls were clunky. I thought one of the appeals of BF1 was that occasionally you would come across these invincible enemies where your only option was to throw a grenade and get the hell out of there. On Jabba's Palace on BF2 you could quite easily become a Jedi and just stand in a bottleneck chopping down an endless stream of enemies until you won the game.

I have no idea why I have invested so much time in a post criticising a ten year old game that I actually enjoyed the hell out of.

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

With the maps thing, that isn't a problem for me as I have some weird mod expansion for Battlefront II that not only adds all the BF1 maps, but some new ones as well.

With that said, c'mon man, Bespin Platforms? Really? There was just only ever one single choke point where the battle actually happened. Also Tattooine and Kashyyyk 2.0 were both immense and I won't hear anything said against them. Also I really liked the tight close quarters action on the Tantive IV, that map really flowed well.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jedi knight II. It had a great story, fun shooter at first, then Jedi fights take off. It was a nice mechanic.

And the online part was awesome. It was the most mellow, respectful, online servers ever. People dueled one on one, bowed before matches, it was awesome.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Jedi Knight II is honestly some of the most fun couch multiplayer I've ever had. Like imagine Halo but with force powers and lightsabers. It was legit.