Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Choices

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Does character customization count? Because my GOSH I have spent so much time on those choices, and they are some of the hardest I've faced in gaming.
    I can get in with this, I spend hours on it perfecting the right face.

The biggest thing I fret over tends to be things like Major skills in Morrowind/Oblivion. I usually end up partially regretting my decision because I focus on other skills. I guess in a sense the simplification of that system in Skyrim suits me better - but I've never gotten into it as much as the previous two.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Does character customization count? Because my GOSH I have spent so much time on those choices, and they are some of the hardest I've faced in gaming.
    Mass Effect drove me nuts in this regard. I first threw together a (relatively) quick face, intending to take the time to go back and fix up a better one later, as I just wanted to see what I'd be getting into.

Six hours later, I stopped playing, and realized it was nearly impossible to go back and use a different face because I was too attached to the original. I spent so long trying to recreate it.

But, yeah, the hardest choices for me are usually permanent ones affecting my character. For example, Stardew Valley gives you perks when you reach levels 5 or 10 in a Skill, and you get to choose between one of two perks for each of those ranks. I debated for way too long over which to get.

Articles
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Skyblade;3609144]
    Mass Effect drove me nuts in this regard. I first threw together a (relatively) quick face, intending to take the time to go back and fix up a better one later, as I just wanted to see what I'd be getting into.

Six hours later, I stopped playing, and realized it was nearly impossible to go back and use a different face because I was too attached to the original. I spent so long trying to recreate it.

Ugh, M!Shep is by far the hardest person to mould a shape for. I spent way too long trying to make my Alexander Shepard. He still looks slightly strange in weird lightning, but he mostly looks pretty good otherwise. I'm hoping he'll look better come ME: 2.

The worst thing with CC is they always look slightly different in-game than they do in the creation menu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh, M!Shep is by far the hardest person to mould a shape for. I spent way too long trying to make my Alexander Shepard. He still looks slightly strange in weird lightning, but he mostly looks pretty good otherwise. I'm hoping he'll look better come ME: 2.

The worst thing with CC is they always look slightly different in-game than they do in the creation menu.
    Oh man, yeah. I restarted my current ME playthrough three times. THREE TIMES. Any change you make to the face looks so bad in-game. Maybe I just suck at it, who knows

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Don't get me started on character creation. On XIV I remake my character at least once a month.

And games with Perks are time killers. I spend so much time debating on which would be more useful. In New Vegas, I probably spent more time on the Perk selection screen then anything else. "This'll be useful now, but this one could be useful later. Maybe I can get it later? But this one could lead to funny dialog. Does this match the character's personality I'm going for? Well if I get it, I guess it does now. I haven't used Laser Pistols in awhile so I can rule that out. But what if I get a really good one." It goes on and on.