Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Jonas' new band, DNCE

Default Joe Jonas' new band, DNCE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNCE

Joe Jonas, formerly of the Jonas Brothers, has formed a new band named DNCE, and released their debut single, "Cake by the Ocean." He too is also going into the music business as a "solo" artist, technically, because he is no longer with his brothers. Nick Jonas has also been successful in the music industry, but Kevin Jonas now works as a construction and real estate worker who makes and sells custom-made houses.

I like their new song, but I recently found out that there's an explicit version of it that is different form the radio edit. Again, Disney music stars going explicit as adults. Why do they do it?
    Is that your final answer?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe because they're adults?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like Cake by the Ocean. It's totally about getting some on a beach. But it's very fun!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post

I like their new song, but I recently found out that there's an explicit version of it that is different form the radio edit. Again, Disney music stars going explicit as adults. Why do they do it?
    Because they are no longer contractually obligated to maintain a family friendly image. That's always the answer. People have explained this to you many times. Not trying to sound rude or confrontational, but at this point I think you are either a really elaborate troll or you just don't accept the reality that people grow up. I mean, you've had to make changes in your life related to being an adult, right? I sincerely doubt that you have lived your life exactly as it was as a child or teenager.

Oh, no, not another Jonas brother going explicit! I've only just gotten over the horror of seeing Nick Jonas's abs!

It wasn't the first time Joe Jonas went explicit; he previously went explicit with his 2009 album, Fast Life.

What I don't get, though, is why it's necessary to go explicit. Why do they need to go explicit?
    Is that your final answer?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What is your problem with Disney stars going "explicit" as adults? Do you also have this concern for people who were not Disney stars who have turned into explicit adults? Why do you think that Disney stars should have to perpetually be Disney stars?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It wasn't the first time Joe Jonas went explicit; he previously went explicit with his 2009 album, Fast Life.

What I don't get, though, is why it's necessary to go explicit. Why do they need to go explicit?
    it isn't necessary. It is choice. Because he can. Because he is an adult.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

In other news here is other Jonas brother ripping his clothes off. Clearly under the influence of Swedish drug skank Tove Lo!*

*This song is the smurfing bomb. Damn.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Hey sup, SO Nick Jonas is doing an Ask me Anything on Reddit currently. I felt he answered a big question you always had.

[–][reddituser]
    Thanks for doing the AMA. Not a huge fan, but I still respect your career.
    I'm not being snarky when I ask this, I'm seriously curious.
    Was the whole purity ring thing a part of your marketing to families and young kids. Or were you seriously about abstaining from gettin' down and it was just publicized to give you guys a cleaner image?
    Did you just bail on it once a bunch fine women started throwing themselves at you? Or you still trying to be pure and whatnot?
    I'm just trying to understand because you should be able pull like Leo no problem.

[–]TheNickJonas [S]
    [user], thanks for the question. And I don't think you're being snarky, I think it's a very good question. I'd like to start by saying this: I came from an incredibly religious home, growing up my dad was a pastor, and much like The First Family or people in front of the public eye, we were highly scrutinized as a family within the church and looked at as, well I guess you would call an example of what that family image should be. So long before our career started in music, that was what we were dealing with.

There was a person in the church who at one point demanded that all the kids in the youth group put these purity rings on and make this commitment, so without a full understanding of what we were stepping into, we all made this commitment.

But as you do, you grow up, you live life, you gain some world perspective and you develop your own views and opinions as it relates to faith, as it relates to sex, and everything that falls under the bounds of what your parents teach you and what comes from religion and you get to make your own choices.

So I started making my own choices, fell in love with somebody, made the choice to have sex with them, and from that point on it was about me being a man and being okay with my choices. And then it related to my art and people's view of me and the public eye.

I think it's always about being comfortable and confident in who you are. I've got a lot of perspective and real care about sex from those days and specifically because people were watching us, because it was such a strange thing to a lot of people to wear these purity rings especially as young men in a pop boy band. But I think when I'm looking back on it, although it was challenging to live with that, to be seen and have that attached to our name was very tough. I think it was a good thing. It gave me a really good perspective to where as now my main thing is about being okay with who I am as a man and the choices I've made, and I think everyone should have a good and solid conversation with either their parents or loved ones about sex and about what they want to do with their life, because it shouldn't be taboo. It's a big part of who we are and what makes us human, and if we can't address these things head on, then I think that it can really be challenging.
    Maybe that will help clear up why disney stars change their attitudes for you. Straight from one of them!
    Last edited by Freya; 03-31-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, I have a newfound respect for Nick Jonas. Never thought I'd be saying that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    In other news here is other Jonas brother ripping his clothes off. Clearly under the influence of Swedish drug skank Tove Lo!*
    Of course! She shows her nipples on stage, and... and she drinks alcohol in her film clips! AND kisses other ladies in an attempt to arouse helpless young men (it works btw >_>).

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Wow, I have a newfound respect for Nick Jonas. Never thought I'd be saying that.
    Aaaaaand it's gone

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Aaaaaand it's gone
    Oh sweet Jesus...

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe he thought he was performing a guitar YOLO.