Thread: Recollections of Final Fantasy VI

Default Recollections of Final Fantasy VI

The whole "most people don't actually remember FFVII" thing gets said a lot. Right or wrong, it's something you hear often enough. There is a lot of details about the plot or characterization people just seem to get wrong for whatever reason.

But what about the other "big time old FF" - FFVI? I think that is the next FF I will be playing .It's one of the only ones I have left to finish. But anyway, VI was quite the hit back in the day as well and would have been big with younger players around the same age as those who played VII. Do people forget or have nostalgia and their imagination make up things about VI as well?

Perhaps it's simply because VII's story is so much more complex people have a hard time getting all their facts straight.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wouldn't consider either story complex. People have a harder time with VII because of the way Squaresoft presented the story.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

The issue with VI's story is that it kinda drops off in the second half of the game. The world changes and it's basically just finish people's side story and go after Kefka.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I wouldn't consider either story complex. People have a harder time with VII because of the way Squaresoft presented the story.
    tumblr_m3o0c827ch1qmiqzl.jpg

I do feel nostalgia probably plays a part in beefing up the game's rep much like VII though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    There's been some excellent points made in this thread and I agree with all of them so far. I've never thought of the above before, but seeing it written down it makes sense.

It took me years to get my head round the story, I think with me though it wasn't just the way it was presented but the fact that my head is all scatterbrained anyway.

Back on to VI, I think Terra shouldve been a compulsary character in The World of Ruin. In this world its as if Celes becomes the main character