Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here are some I can think of for me:

FFIX - Fossil Roo and Ipsen's Castle. Neither excited me.

FFX - Mandatory Blitzball. Ugh the dread each time. EACH TIME.

FFVIII - Rescuing Rinoa... IN SPACE~~~

Majora's Mask - Stone Temple Tower. Too complicated for my puny puzzle solving mind.

Trails of Cold Steel - Nord Highlands. Beautiful but just too big and drags on forever.

Star Ocean IV - Cardawhatever Mothership. I HATE that section with a passion. So unbelievably annoying.

Tales of Symphonia - Long ass sewer puzzle nonsense.

Dark Cloud 2 - Heim Rada and Mount Gundor. So ugly and uninteresting.

Dark Cloud - First dungeon not because it's bad but just because it's hard.

FFX-2 - Chapter 4. Everything is just through the CommSphere and I don't.... eh

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Getting Severa. SO HARD.

Bravely Default - The repeat parts.

Xenoblade - FRIGGIN XORD.

Xenosaga - Anything involving mechs.

Xenogears - MECCCCHHHHHSSSSS

Persona 3 Portable - Towards the end of Tartarus.

Threads of Fate - The platforming sections when you go visit Fancy Mel

Kingdom Hearts II - Prologue

Those are the ones I can think of for right now.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 04-08-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Bed of Chaos boss battle can die a thousand deaths.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I thought Suikoden IV was some sort of abomination that killed that franchise.
    I wouln't say it's an abomination, more like a really bad regression. It plays like Suikoden 1 at first glance, most people will tell you S1 wasn't exactly riveting; but it often gets a pass for being the first entry and released in the mid-90s, whereas SIV was their second PS2 release.

I'm sure it did kill some of the fans expectations but the other issue that always hurt Suikoden was Konami's poor planning. SII and SV (often regarded as some of the best entries in the franchise) got very little in the way of PR and both had the misfortune of being released the same month as one of the most hotly anticipated games of the their respective years. FFVIII for Suikoden II, and Kingdom Hearts II for Suikoden V, so yeah, Konami really killed the franchise by being dumb.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, this'll be fun:

FFVII - The flashbacks at Kalm. My God they took forever on a second play-through. I also found the Ancients Temple had a confusing layout and a sort of 'this is the end' feeling, so I also didn't enjoy it either.

FFX - Luca. The story was great, but like Pumpkin I always dreaded the Blitzball and the thousand repeats I had to do. I always make those goers be goners!

FFX-2 - Chapter four was a pain, admittedly. Chapter two was alright, but the gunner's gauntlet is hell if you don't know the waterfall trick to get an easy score. I actually failed first time because I didn't know the cheat. Beclam's laugh still haunts me.

FFXII - The frickin' sandsea. So long. So sandy. So tedious. I can also add the Great Crystal to that list just for being so confusing, and the Pharos for being such a long end-game dungeon.

FFXIII - The middle parts of Palumpolum. It is a really long chapter, so it sort of feels like a slog. It's a relief getting to Hope's house at the end.

FFXIII-2 - Probably the three or so iterations of the same places but with different weather. The Bresha Ruins and Yaschas Massif locations take the biscuit. Yaschas Massif -100 AF- and -110 AF-, seriously?

FFXIII-LR - There's a fairly long ending dungeon which gets tedious, but honestly redoing Aeronite, Ereshkigal and Bhunivelse boss fights. For a final boss, Bhunivelse is damn difficult. You can be plowing through most of the game easy, then come up short against him.

I'll think up some non-FF related ones later.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The blast furnace in Metal Gear Solid 1. You have to press up against a wall and walk across a VERY small piece of floor while avoiding mouse and an obstacle going from left and right (I don't know what it's called) or you fall to your death. It's worst in the PSX version since you can move while crouched and that's what you have to be in to avoid these things.

Whirlwind Maze in FFVII. God I smurfing hate it. I can never time that stupid "run through the wind and lightning and energy" part right.

FFX - Butterfly Catcher and Lightning Dodge (you know why)
    SoulCalibur III - NIGHT TERROR! (the most annoying boss I've ever encountered, along with Jinpachi)
    Yakuza 2 - Marietta (the most tiring mission... and the easiest to fail, IMHO)
    Metal Gear Solid 3 - The End (a bit boring/annoying) and The Fear (the non-lethal way)