Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luna will join the party as a guest!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I just clicked on the link? Apparently this was announced last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I'm not really satisfied with having her as a guest character only. Pretty disappointed personally :/
    FFXV is so looking so damn impressive, though the lack of female main party members is pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I just clicked on the link? Apparently this was announced last year.
    Yes and after that Tabata said that Luna is not going to join the party as a guest but will rather be just an NPC.

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of main female party members (and characters over all) in the game, specially for and entry in the mainline FF series where there is even an unwritten tradition of sorts in having three main female characters you can play as.

As it seems the only female NPC on our side that is really involved with the story is Luna...well, there is also Cindy but she is obviously non playable and I doubt she will have much to do with the story besides upgrading the car. Gentiana I am practically convinced will be an NPC that ends up being one of the villains and Aranea is a recurring boss. Besides that what is there? We know Noctis mother is dead so there isn't that either.

Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to the game and have it pre-ordered already. But like maybee said, the lack of playable female characters is rather disappointing.

I'm kind of torn. I like the concept of the FFXV brotrip and everything they've shown so far (I'm really looking forward to the game actually!), but the female party members have often been some of the best in FF's history. I guess it is what it is - a one-off experiment. Don't mind too much as long as it's good.

Mixed feelings. I like the variety of characters in most FF games. But at the same time, that does lead to a very samey kind of social dynamic between the main party. The bro-trip thing is at least a new angle on it. I wouldn't want them to do that permanently though. And I doubt they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I'm not mad that they made an all male party game, they did that with X-2 and they do all male/female parties in a few games. It just doesn't appeal to me personally because I find I generally can't get as invested without a female "avatar" so to speak. I'm still going to try it because I am surprised sometimes, like my favourite party members in FFIX are all male or non-gender specific (Quina) so it can happen that I find a male character to latch on to. It's just less likely for me personally so finding out the female character is only temp is a bit of a disappointment for me
    That's how I felt about FFX-2! And I'd loved Yuna in 10. Just didn't like how they changed her.

I think if it's ultimately a good game and story, you'll probably forget about it though. FFX-2 just wasn't that interesting a story.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

No surprises allowed.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?