Thread: More Ultimate Collectors Editions?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default More Ultimate Collectors Editions?

If you missed out on the quick selling Ultimate Collector's Editions of Final Fantasy XV, all hope may not be lost. The Final Fantasy XV twitter has suggested that they're currently looking in to ways to see if they can bring more Ultimate Collector's Editions to the people again soon.

"We’re currently investigating if we can somehow increase production. I will keep you updated when there’s any progress!"

Priced at $269.99 USD, the Ultimate Collector's Edition features an artbook, soundtrack, action figure, the anime and movie, as well as some in-game bonuses.

If you get tired of waiting, they don't manage to make more, you can't afford it, or just don't care, the deluxe edition of the game is still available which also hosts a number of bonuses such as in-game bonuses, an artbook, the movie, and a few other bonuses. The deluxe edition is available for $89.99 USD.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 04-08-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I... honestly don't know what to think about this. I think that if they add anothe 30,000 copies, they won't sell that many. Will they manage to make enough Noctis figurines to go with them? Are people really ready to fork over so much cash again? Somehow, I doubt it

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm sort of with Fynn. Everyone who desperately wanted their lives fulfilled by this edition were the people refreshing the XV page every ten seconds.

This new batch will sell okay, but I don't think it'll sell nearly as fast. I might get the deluxe edition, which would be the first time I've ever purchased an improved version of a game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, the Noctis figure is effort and effort is money. If they need this to sell well and earn back all the money, I don't think blowing more of it on action figures is a good idea

The deluxe edition is just a must-have for me, though, as I can't get over that Amano Steelbox

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

The full story is that they're also looking at the orders of people who pre-ordered abnormally large numbers of the CEs (obviously for reselling) and potentially taking action against those. So I imagine a large portion of any potential additional stock will simply be re-allocations from cancelled scalper orders.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Scalpers are pretty tiresome, good on them if they are.

This is what I thought the second I opened the topic.

I'm conflicted. I hope this happens, so that more people can enjoy it... but I also REALLY enjoyed that there were only 15,000 PS4 copies of the Collector's Edition in the world. I feel developers make way too many Collector's Editions these days. So much that it's something I roll my eyes at. But 15,000 in the world of one system version is definitely rare and valuable.

Ah well.