Thread: Tabata and Sakaguchi to appear on Final Fantasy XV-focused live stream next week

Default Tabata and Sakaguchi to appear on Final Fantasy XV-focused live stream next week

The broadcast will feature Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata as he discusses the recent Uncovered event. Additionally, Famitsu reveals he’ll be joined by a special guest – Final Fantasy creator and Mistwalker boss Hironobu Sakaguchi – to discuss the series past and present.
    Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/0...eam-next-week/

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I wish I could watch this, but it's going to be on Nico Nico.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 04-09-2016 at 03:12 AM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Hopefully someone uploads it somewhere afterward so I can watch it then.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Whoa, Sakaguchi again? It seems strange they're using him as a public face or sorts for this game when he's had no involvement. I wonder what the deal is..

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sinuosity View Post
    Whoa, Sakaguchi again? It seems strange they're using him as a public face or sorts for this game when he's had no involvement. I wonder what the deal is..
    My guess is this is a publicity stunt to help FFXV's image problem among the jaded fan base. Course Sakaguchi has remained on good terms with Kitase and others within SE since his departure, and he's become more open about discussing the franchise and working with SE in the last few years, so perhaps their icy relationship has finally warmed up a bit. I t would actually be pretty interesting to see SE and Mistwalker work on a joint project together.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah, it's strange but I think WK is correct. It's a publicity stunt to get old fans who long for the pre-FFX glory days and have all but written the series off for good to pay attention and get interested in XV.

Same reason they had that little video of Nobuo Uematsu at the Uncovered event even though he is in no way, shape, or form connected to FFXV.
    I like Kung-Fu.