Thread: Here is a Veldt formation/Rage tracking tool

Default Here is a Veldt formation/Rage tracking tool

I recently started playing a completionist type game, and decided to make this tool to help keep track of Gau's rages:

http://super-aardvark.github.io/ffvi/rage.html

It's not complete -- the "adventure"/walkthrough mode only goes up to the floating continent right now. Also, it doesn't really work on mobile (the menu takes up too much space), and I'm sure there are some features that would be nice to add, but I figured I'd put it out there and see what folks think.

So, feedback please! Is it useful? What other features should it have? If you have a knack for design, how can I make it look better?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

The rage guide is always nice as there is always one you can never find. My last playthrough it was a slam dancer. Just never would show up.

It was the Stray Cat for me when I was playing that Rom hack, which was especially annoying since the creator decided to cripple Gau's magic stat, so it was one of the few things really worth picking up. >: I

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If you're lacking information on it, the Eyes on Final Fantasy frontsite has a complete list of Gau's rages and the attack used when that rage is selected. It also lists all the enemies that can be fought in the game, sorted by location.