Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jinx and Denmark take the UK!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Duh, I meant Glasgow. I'll look into all my options. I didn't think of domestic flights, but I'll factor them in as well.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Woah coach tickets are that bad? How much is travel into London? You can get a Megabus from London Victoria to Glasgow £18 each way if you really want to keep the price down.

And yeah, we can help cover costs when you're here. Just get to Glasgow and we'll deal with the rest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Also I don't mean to be a dick but if you can at all plan for your travel to be on the 11th instead of the 10th that'd be grand. If you can't do that don't worry about it, we can deal with it. Just easier on our side.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Also I don't mean to be a dick but if you can at all plan for your travel to be on the 11th instead of the 10th that'd be grand. If you can't do that don't worry about it, we can deal with it. Just easier on our side.
    oh.. i thought it was the 13th..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The party is the 13th! So if you're only wanting to come along for that, 13th is great.

I was meaning that post as a follow on for Formalhaut's planning - he said that he was thinking the 10th onwards for his travel. Just trying to keep things nice for us. :3

Also Formy - I added you to a Facebook chat with everyone but I guess Facebook has hidden it forever because we're not friends. xD

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    The party is the 13th! So if you're only wanting to come along for that, 13th is great.

I was meaning that post as a follow on for Formalhaut's planning - he said that he was thinking the 10th onwards for his travel. Just trying to keep things nice for us. :3

Also Formy - I added you to a Facebook chat with everyone but I guess Facebook has hidden it forever because we're not friends. xD
    ahh ok. makes sense.

Alright. ill see when i can. when i learn the power of math

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

No problem, just let us know when you have the deets and we'll pencil you in.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I haven't read the thread but I assume you're doing a Scandinavian detour if you're coming over to this side of the pond, so just message me the date you'll come around my place as soon as you know!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Actually, the 10th was just a placeholder date. Both me and Mr. Carny are both planning for the 11th - 15th. I mean, we'll be travelling all day on the 11th, but I'd like to spend the 12th nosing around Glasgow before the majority of the people arrive for the party. I've never been to Scotland, so I do want to do a modicum of cheesy touristy stuff while I'm there!

Also, I told Mr. Carny that we're going to Glasgow and he called it scum. Is that true?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Also, having considered options, coach is still looking cheapest. In fact, it's actually slightly cheaper at £46~. I'll get to booking either today or tomorrow.

As an addendum, we've just moved into our new apartment, but the internet isn't arriving until the 27th, so further planning posts will be sporadic, at best. We do live right next to a lovely pub though, so I'll try to check at least once per day until then.

It's criminal we're not friends on Facebook, Shauna. I'll get to that immediately!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Not a promise or guarantee but I'm looking into coming if you'll suffer my presence. How easy is it to get from Glasgow airport to Palace of the Shaunas?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Glasgow is a lovely city. Many would say scummy and although that may be somewhat true (what city ain't at least a bit scummy?)... it's got a lot to love about it too. I think Friday will be a Glasgow day for everyone, so I'll take you round the sights and sounds.

And it is not easy but we can/will provide chauffeur service to anyone travelling. Hope to see you there, good sir!

Articles

Okay I stopped dithering thanks to the hostility of Jinx and I am coming but I am only able to come for one day which is the Friday due to Saturday flights being p much booked up which kinda sucks. But I'm booked! CONFIRMED PRESENCE

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

So when are your flights arriving and leaving? So Matt can book you in to the itinerary!

Articles

10:20 in 20:35 out!

I'll probably end up missing the return and have to stay with you FOREVER though