Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoT Season 6 Predictions/Theories/Wishes (Season 5 spoilers!)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default GoT Season 6 Predictions/Theories/Wishes (Season 5 spoilers!)

This is the first season where the book-equivalent has not been released. For the first time since the show began, everyone is in the same position of not knowing what happens next. There are definitely some educated guesses (especially for those who have read the books), but nothing is truly confirmed at this point (unless it's something like Bran's story-arc, where much of his book 5 story hasn't been on screen yet).

Book readers, if you have a theory that ties into something from the books, please put your theory in tags.

What are some things you think/hope might happen this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Melissandre reveals she is from the fall of Valyria and gets naked a lot. She gets Davos to kill Ghost to revive Jon.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

From the trailers, it looks like Dany gets captured by the dothraki and then there's the shot of drogon's shadow over them. I bet he comes and smurfs people up and then she now has a dothraki army again.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I want to know what the battle scene will be this seasons. The big OMG of episode 7 or 8 or 9. We always get one! I wonder if it's the set picture spoilersbattle with the starks that we kept seeing some pictures of and from the new trailer it has sansa looking off at a scene that kinda fits the same thing we saw in those set pictures while she wears a Stark outfit.

Articles

Yeah, the battle for Winterfell 2.0 will be immense. An interesting coalition - Starks (Jon/Sansa?), Davos and what's left of Stannis's forces, the wildlings and whatever northern lords Davos has rallied to the cause.

Articles

I reckon your boy Davos is the man for the job.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He's the man for my job.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, I expect the Boltons to do down this year because they've had their time on top and also the North needs to address the walker threat in the next season(s). Hopefully stuff gets resolved and they don't draw it out.

Speaking of drawing things out, I hope Dany stops having one misadventure after another and finally gets her crap together and starts mobilizing towards Westeros.

I hope Bran does some actual magic that makes a difference and doesn't just have a bunch of training montages.

There are a lot of layers of conflict in this series. You have the North houses and South houses fighting amongst each other. Then there is the North vs. South conflict. Then there is Westeros vs. Daenerys. Then there is living people vs. White Walkers. I hope some of those layers get resolved this season so we can move on to bigger conflicts.

Is this the penultimate season or are their two more confirmed after this?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

Has she? I think she's had one of the better runs of late. The Sons of the Harpy have caused a mess but she herself has remained relatively unscathed and even had a victory of sorts over them in the arena.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She's been doing fine. My point was more towards the fact that she's just been hanging around Easteros or whatever that region is called when the whole point of her storyline is to come home to claim her throne. I get it; she has to prove that she can rule before she conquers and there is the theme of what she is 'supposed to do' not necessarily being what she wants to do, and maybe Easteros is her home after all. I can see where this is going. But I'm not interested or invested in the politics of Meereen nor do I particularly care what happens to those people. The show has not given that region nearly the amount of development and attention as Westeros which is clearly the main setting for this show. So I would like Dany to hurry up and get there rather than go to one forgettable Easteros location after another. Everything she does that isn't directly related to getting her ass there feels like sidetracking.

Articles

Judging from the trailer you're going to be disappointed. But here's my prediction, the end of season Dany "moment" will be her resolving to finally take her dragons and smurf up Westeros as epic music swells.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I realize she will need to solve this Dothraki misadventure before getting back to business but I'll be satisfied if her last scene in the season is her standing on a ship with a dragon flying over head or at least a resolution to get on with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it's possible (based on one of the trailers and what Melissandre said) that she's been lying about Stannis the entire time. All of it was a ruse to get a large army to the Wall and under command of Jon. I think she's known from the beginning he's Azor Ahai, and she was trying to strengthen his numbers.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Melissandre reveals she is from the fall of Valyria and gets naked a lot. She gets Davos to kill Ghost to revive Jon.
    Kill Ghost?! Noooooooooooo

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think by the end of the season, Dany will finally control her dragons and launch the united Dothraki/ex-slave/Unsullied army into Westeros. Maybe they can get some support from Dorne? They've always been the most Essos-like kingdom.

I'm also hoping the Sons of the Harpies pipes down a ton after the Arena. I've had enough of the miscellaneous troubles of Mereen.

Also, while we're on predictions - who's going to die this season? I can definitely foresee Jorah sacrificing himself somehow.