View Poll Results: Which temperament fits you best?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Choleric

0 0%
  • Melancholic

11 57.89%
  • Phlegmatic

4 21.05%
  • Sanguine

3 15.79%
  • This is stupid

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which of the four humors fits you the most?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Which of the four humors fits you the most?

So yeah, the humor theory has become kinda discredited over the years, since our moods and physical well-being are not, in fact, dictated by an arbitrary set of liquids. But it's still a fun way to analyze your personality! So, out of sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic and melancholic, which fits you the best?

Phlegmatic I suppose, as gross as the word sounds. :P
    I would say in my younger years I was definitely more melancholic though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Melancholic I suppose

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

The boring one i suppose.

(these words are too advanced!!!)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I took this test and this was my result;

Type description

Your temperament is choleric. The choleric temperament is fundamentally ambitious and leader-like. They have a lot of aggression, energy, and/or passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were choleric. They like to be in charge of everything. However, cholerics also tend to be either highly disorganized or highly organized. They do not have in-between setups, only one extreme to another. As well as being leader-like and assertive, cholerics also fall into deep and sudden depression. Essentially, they are very much prone to mood swings.

----

I would..... very much agree with this, I think most who know me might as well.

Took the test Night Fury linked and got equal parts Sanguine and Phlegmatic. Didn't expect the Sanguine part.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I took the test and got Phlegmatic and then I misclicked.

Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.

using the above linked test i got:

Your temperament is melancholic. The melancholic temperament is fundamentally introverted and thoughtful. Melancholic people often were perceived as very (or overly) pondering and considerate, getting rather worried when they could not be on time for events. Melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become preoccupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. Often they are perfectionists. They are self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is that they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got phlegmatic on the test with sanguine right behind it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.
    I agree with this assessment. Other results were sanguine before melancholic before choleric.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

:monster:

Your results of Open Four Temperaments Scale are below. The O4TS measures your match for four different personality types.Scores

Choleric
    Melancholic
    Sanguine
    Phlegmatic
    Type description

Your temperament is melancholic. The melancholic temperament is fundamentally introverted and thoughtful. Melancholic people often were perceived as very (or overly) pondering and considerate, getting rather worried when they could not be on time for events. Melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become preoccupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. Often they are perfectionists. They are self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is that they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am also phlegm.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Your temperament is sanguine. The sanguine temperament is fundamentally spontaneous and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are sociable and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguines generally have an almost shameless nature, certain that what they are doing is right. They have no lack of confidence.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Your temperament is sanguine. The sanguine temperament is fundamentally spontaneous and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are sociable and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguines generally have an almost shameless nature, certain that what they are doing is right. They have no lack of confidence.
    That description fits me so much better than the one that I actually got. It's not even a contest. Bad test! Bad!

Although I thought about it some more that day at work and honestly my humour and personality in general is so situational. The way I act around my best friend is totally different to how I act around my father, or my mother, or my girlfriend. Also I am completely different on the internet to what I am in real life.