FF9 was the second FF i ever played. And the first one I completed.

It holds a special place in my heart. For me, this game was the easiest to complete and required the minimal amount of walkthrough advice and help.

However, I find Ive only been able to complete this one using five of the eight characters. When I've tried using the others Ive failed to fight off Necron.

So......what I want to ask is: What are the pros and cons for each playable character in this game?

Mine are as follows.....

Zidane

Pros: His Trance and his Attack power
Cons: He cant steal all that well, even when you up his success rate. And his regular skills mostly suck.

Steiner

Pros: His Trance, His normal Attack, a couple of his of his Sword Arts, his Sword Magic is arguably better than Vivi magic
Cons: He is underused in earlier battles so you have to work to level him up later.

Garnet

Pros: She is a good White Mage in terms of Curaga, Esuna etc... and provides good final battle back up
Cons: She's a crap Summoner and Ark isnt worth my time and effort. She's not even as good a White Mage as....

Eiko

Pros: Curaga, Full Life, Holy. She learns so few Summons but for me they are the best Summons of the game
Cons: I cant think of any gameplay wise. She can be an annoying brat story wise, thats it.

Vivi

Pros: Pair him up with Steiner and watch them kick the crap out of monsters. He's small and great at the same time.
Cons: His Doomsday move requires protective equipment

Quina

Pros: Mighty Guard is so easy to get
Cons: Mighty Guard takes so much MP and doesnt last the duration, gets KO'd too easily

Freya

Pros: Reis's Wind, White Draw, Jump, Winning that Coral Ring for me, she is a valued member of my team early game
Cons: She is also underused later in the game, and appears weaker

Amarant

Pros: Chakra
Cons: He seems to be an afterthought who appears too late and his equipment is too expensive

How about the rest of you?