Thread: FE: Fates (Birthright) question!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default FE: Fates (Birthright) question!

So I just picked up this game, yay, and I'm starting my planning. Does anyone know when the kids start appearing so I don't miss out on matchmaking in time? Is there even a time limit?

Thank you!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If it is like Awakening, there is no time limit. As soon as the characters get an S rating and get married then the paralogue to recruit their kid should show up. Some of them (in Awakening) require you to progress far in the story to unlock but there's no time limit that I recall.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

The only one who is limited is Midori. To get Kaze's daughter your avatar has to get him to at least A rank before chapter 15. Also children come with offspring seals if you get them late enough. This basically auto levels them to a level that is comparable to your point in the story(this includes boosting their weapon ranks). So you don't have to worry about having to grind them up a bunch of levels.

As for how early can you get them? I am pretty sure you can start grabbing them up as soon as you get freedom to move about. I.E. Access the DLC maps, random encounters, etc. Which is chapter 7. Before then you are pretty much on rails. Wouldn't make much sense to go chasing child characters before the path is determined anyways.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!