Thread: Unpopular Characters that you love/ like !

Default Unpopular Characters that you love/ like !

We all have different opinions on characters, some of our opinions are unfortunately a bit more rare than some others. Going to quickly share mine.

Edward FF IV

I feel like I'm the only one who actually loves and adores this spoony character. Yes, he's quite the coward in the beginning, but as the game goes on, he becomes more braver and overcomes his worries to help Cecil and the group with the Dark Elf. Heck ! Edward even stands ground when Golbez appears to come and steal away Rosa. Not to mention, Eddy has just lost his townspeople, lover, friends and family in a massacre. This little spoon is braver than he thinks. Edward is a brave and courageous little spoon. Shine on, spoon, shine on.

Cait Sith FF VII

I actually don't mind this Mog/ Cat robotic combo. Yes, he is a disgusting traitor, though he at least makes a strong attempt to right his wrongs and help Cloud and Avalanche and redeem himself. I say- don't mind, because I find him annoying to have in battle as he's too large and blocks up the screen and it's hard to heal and phoenix down others, because his big moogle body is in the way. I don't hate this guy as much as others seem to- as I find his attempts to redeem himself from being a traitor and holding a young young hostage admirable. I mean, Cait Sith could've easily kept on being trash, but he stopped, and used his powers to help Avalanche stop out Shrina. Though it's understandable on why this robotic cat is not the most popular FF character around. What he did was low.

Hope FF XIII series

* Whine * Hope is so emooo and annoyinggg * Listen here you little punk. Hope JUST lost his mum, of course he's going to be grieving and depressed ! DUH ! Holy trout !!! Not to mention after the little man has stopped grieving, he slowly warms up and starts having little smiles on his face and becomes a good friend to Lightning and the rest of the group. Hope is a nice character, and he needs more love. Poor little guy.

Vanille FF 13
    She's so cute and uplifting, and does her best to make others smile when she's down. Yes, she acts a little silly at times, though ACTING being a strong word here. Vanille does her best to stay mentally strong and not let life's hard troubles let her down. She does wear a mask, but she tries to stay happy and strong during life's challenges. She's cute and I love her.

What are your unpopular FF characters that you love ?

I pretty much roll with Team Unpopular in FFXIII.
    Snow, Hope and Vanille were my favorite characters. Snow's and Hope's arc is the highlight of the game for me, even after a second playthrough.

I seem to recall a lot of dislike for Tellah back in the day... I have no idea why buthe was my favorite IV character.

Rinoa is a good character. One of the best designs in the series, she's trying to do something noble and she has some interesting development that, much like all of FFVIII, was underdone and failed to be completed properly. But still, I like her for what they managed with her. I don't think she was that annoying or that she was just aiding the Forest Owls as a sort of "smurf you, dad." She's spoiled but not a spoiled brat, I guess I'd say.

Amarant has a nice design, a cool theme and a frickin' AWESOME moveset. His character needed some work but the essentials there are just fine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I feel like Tidus gets quite a bit of hate, but I've always really liked him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rosa. I really like Rosa for her badass archery skills and I think she's just a very nice woman overall.

Red XIII. While not unpopular, he doesn't get a lot of love and he was my favourite character in the game.

Zell? Lots of people seem to find him annoying but I like how upbeat and spunky and silly he is.

Quina. I don't know how anyone doesn't love goofy, well-meaning Quina, but I sure do!

Kimahri. Another character I feel doesn't get enough love. Competent guardian and obviously really cares about Yuna.

Penelo. Favourite character in XII, I like how down to earth and kind she is.

Vanille. I enjoy her story and how upbeat and happy she acts. I don't like her voice though.

I really like Hope. He really had a great character development through the trilogy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Vanille. I enjoy her story and how upbeat and happy she acts. I don't like her voice though.
    I'm actually the complete opposite, but I'm still not as annoyed by her as so many people are

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quina.
    Cait Sith.
    Sazh(?)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Snow, Vanille, Umaro, Angeal... hard to think of many unpopular characters to be honest.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Hmmm....I like Reeve rather than Cait Sith

I like Yuffie......i say Yuffie because some of you....whoah....what did a group of pixels ever do to you?

I like her (I just get scared to say so sometimes)

I also agree with liking Zell

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Snow, Vanille, Umaro, Angeal... hard to think of many unpopular characters to be honest.
    Didn't realize Umaro was unpopular, but if that's the case, hell yeah he's on my list!

Articles
    Blog Entries

All of the genki girls. I rather enjoy the trope.

Also, the entire cast of FFX.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i also kinda like Vayne for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I pretty much roll with Team Unpopular in FFXIII.
    Snow, Hope and Vanille were my favorite characters. Snow's and Hope's arc is the highlight of the game for me, even after a second playthrough.
    It's sad that there is so many unpopular characters in FFXIII. When the characters are a good point towards this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post

Rinoa is a good character. One of the best designs in the series, she's trying to do something noble and she has some interesting development that, much like all of FFVIII, was underdone and failed to be completed properly. But still, I like her for what they managed with her. I don't think she was that annoying or that she was just aiding the Forest Owls as a sort of "smurf you, dad." She's spoiled but not a spoiled brat, I guess I'd say.
    Yes ! Rinoa is amazing, she's brave and strong and tries to fight even though she's not a trained soldier like the others and she hates and despises bloodshed and war. Yeah, she smurfs up a couple of times, but that's what makes her human.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Rosa. I really like Rosa for her badass archery skills and I think she's just a very nice woman overall.

Red XIII. While not unpopular, he doesn't get a lot of love and he was my favourite character in the game.

Zell? Lots of people seem to find him annoying but I like how upbeat and spunky and silly he is.

Quina. I don't know how anyone doesn't love goofy, well-meaning Quina, but I sure do!

Kimahri. Another character I feel doesn't get enough love. Competent guardian and obviously really cares about Yuna.

Penelo. Favourite character in XII, I like how down to earth and kind she is.

Yeeeees Zell, Quina and Nanaki are so fantastic !

Yeah Kimahri cares about Yuna alot and was even willing to give his life so Yuna could escape from Seymour. A true loyal character.

I like how Gus can communicate with monsters. That's make him unique.
    Blank is a savior, but sadly he has been petrified to save Zidane and his parties. Unable to continue his roles throughout the game except ending.
    Brother is very bizarre, but in the good way. He's a great blitzball player. I always picked him for my team
    Marcus didn't play the major roles in FfIX, but He's a cool guy and very helpful during Dagger's routes.
    Gogo is pretty mysterious, but he/she kinda fun to use.
    Porom and Palom. Not very interesting appearance and Palom's kiddie personalities at first, but "the after years" I starting to like their new looks and Palom's personalities improving. Porom still have her maturity tho.
    Last edited by FriendlyRoegadyn88; 04-27-2016 at 02:37 AM.