View Poll Results: Which fighting games you want to play?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tekken 7: FR

2 40.00%
  • King Of Fighter XIV

0 0%
  • Killer Instinct 3

1 20.00%
  • SFV

1 20.00%
  • GG 3rd Revelator

0 0%
  • other

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Fighting Game Poll

Default Fighting Game Poll

Fighting Game Hype!

Blog Entries

I've never been big into fighting games. The ones I can think of that I enjoyed were Soul Caliber 2 on Gamecube, Tekken 3 on PSone and the first 3 Mortal Kombat games.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of this list, Street Fighter V, I had a chance to play a few rounds the other day and really enjoyed it. They simplified the control scheme somewhat from more recent ventures like SFIV where Ultra attacks require you to hold three attack buttons. The move sets have been changed around a bit, and the V system is a nice touch that breathes life into the old mechanics, while not being a major gimmicky mechanic you have to master to hope to be good such as SFIII's parry system.

The roster is smaller than usual, but I feel it makes the game a bit more intimate and had me checking out most of the characters instead of just sticking to my regulars. The game has done a better job recapturing the franchise's better years than SFIV did. SFIV kept going back and forth on whether it wanted to be a SFII clone or a modern game. The game drops the silly need for long winded 20+ combo chains and really brought the series back to the genres roots of zoning, which I seriously appreciate. I didn't take to SFIV very well, but I will say that SFV will probably be on my wishlist once I get a PS4.