Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uncharted 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

I remember vividly playing through a early-ish section of Uncharted 1, when was it? Chapter three? Four? It was a large battle, and at the lowest point my screen was as grey as it could get before I died - it was panic-inducing grey. I somehow manage to recover and finish the rest of the guys off, but damn, that was close.

A good thing as well. After that battle, I got the trophy for 'kill 50 enemies without dying'. Probably my biggest achievement in that game before those scary-ass 'run at you' monsters started turning up towards the end.

Ugh. I should probably get the Nathan Drake Collection and complete 1 so I can get to the easier games after it, shouldn't I?

Blog Entries

Just started, a bit disappointed they took out the wall mechanic from uncharted 3 where if you walked into or along a wall Nathan would actually put his arm out like he was actually aware it was there instead of just running into it. That blew my mind when I noticed it in 3.

edit: Ok got past the flashback he still does it if you run directly into a wall but it's not as organic

edit2: ok sometimes he does it sometimes he doesn't i guess i can live with that
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 05-18-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

LA LA LA IGNORING ALL COMMENTS IN HERE LA LA LA JUST HERE TO SAY THAT I'M GETTING MY PS4 BACK TOMORROW LA LA LA FINALLY GET TO PLAY THIS GAME LA LA LA.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like the way this game makes me feel, I rarely get this feeling with new games anymore. Just awesome. :]

Blog Entries

The way the papers and books flop when you hold them, mindblowing, they sat there and decided "Is there any reason to let them rotate the papers when theyre holding them? No? Well we'll let them anyway. Ok now lets make sure it's realistic if they decide to wave the paper around!". You spend hours performing impossible swings and jumps and think the game has the most unrealistic physics ever and then they pull a stunt like this

(SPOILER) Did I miss something or were those guards at the auction perfectly innocent people I murdered
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 05-19-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    (SPOILER) Did I miss something or were those guards at the auction perfectly innocent people I murdered
    he has been doing that through 4 games...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Well I just finished it at last. It is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played, and it ended pretty much in the best possible way it could. I feel kind of how I did after I watched the last Harry Potter film. A deep sense of satisfaction, and a tad bit of sadness that such a great thing that I've been following for so many years is over.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The ending was great but overall I don't think it's a patch on Uncharted 2 or even Uncharted 3. Maybe they'd exhausted all their ideas but there was nothing new in the gameplay whatsoever.

It it has to be said though, the graphics were like no other game I've ever seen. Like, nothing comes close. Voice acting was amazing also. Didn't give me the feels like The Last of Us though.

There were so many stand-out moments in the second and third games and apart from maybe (SPOILER)that car chase down the hill there was nothing particularly memorable. There was nothing like U2's intro and train sequence or U3's plane chapter and rough seas chapter.

Even (SPOILER)the sword fight at the end could have been done better.

Overall though, still a solid 9/10.

I haven't played it as I can't afford it right now, so just watched a Let's Play for the time being. Really cool from a story perspective - I know there are a lot of people who complain it's too much of a movie, but I'm fond of games that let you sit back and watch a good cutscene between the action. The key is it actually has to be good, and in that regard Naughty Dog have refined their art.

I just love watching these really entertaining characters interact with each other. I can forgive a lot if it has that, and to be fair the gameplay itself looks at least decent. Maybe a touch too much gunfighting, what do you reckon?

All I need in my life now is an adventure game with the story and characters of Uncharted, the level design of (pre-reboot) Tomb Raider, and no shoehorned in baddies to shoot. That would make me very happy. (SPOILER)Maybe the Adventures of Cassie Drake-Fisher will fill that hole? DO IT NAUGHTY DOG I DARE YOU

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    There were so many stand-out moments in the second and third games and apart from maybe (SPOILER)that car chase down the hill there was nothing particularly memorable. There was nothing like U2's intro and train sequence or U3's plane chapter and rough seas chapter.
    To be honest, after Uncharted 3 went so far over the top on all scales, I'm really glad they toned that part down. It was obviously still unrealistic, but not "okay, all sense of immersion is gone now" unrealistic. For me, those events you spoke of are the kind that I remember for the wrong reasons.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    (SPOILER)Maybe the Adventures of Cassie Drake-Fisher will fill that hole? DO IT NAUGHTY DOG I DARE YOU
    i really dont see it happening, but yeah I DARE YOU!

and i personally also really love it that the game is half a movie.

I think from a storytelling perspective, no game touches the Uncharted series. I loved the resolution in Uncharted 4 and I believe it is the perfect way to end the series. It's also very noticeable the impact of Last of Us had on this game.

My only gripe is Nate's brother Sam. I just can't resolve the fact that throughout Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 Nate never mentioned his brother.
    That silence is completely forgivable in U1 and U2 but not in 3. In Uncharted 3 we are taken into Nate's past, particularly his first meeting with Sully in Columbia I believe. At no point do we hear of Sam and we know, thanks to U4, that after Nate leaves the orphanage he and Sam grow up together.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post

My only gripe is Nate's brother Sam. I just can't resolve the fact that throughout Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 Nate never mentioned his brother.
    That silence is completely forgivable in U1 and U2 but not in 3. In Uncharted 3 we are taken into Nate's past, particularly his first meeting with Sully in Columbia I believe. At no point do we hear of Sam and we know, thanks to U4, that after Nate leaves the orphanage he and Sam grow up together.
    Well they did say in the game that Sam and Nate were always in and out of jail at different times
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

woohoo!
    there was a discount on PSN store on the Nathan Drake Collection..
    and with my PSN+ i got more discount on it ^^
    im happy now.. and now im replaying the entire story from beginning to end <3

and it was not an impulse puchase because i was already looking in the stores for it :P