Thread: Let's keep it a hundred...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Question Let's keep it a hundred...

So we haven't had a thread like this in a while but it's nice to have it pop up every few years or so. How do you feel about the Final Fantasy Franchise currently? Do you feel the series is looking good or getting ready to take that final leap to it's demise? Is it improving or just another day in its steady decline? How is the franchise doing in your opinion?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    or just another day in its steady decline?
    I don't know how much more I can elaborate, I just end up making myself depressed.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    So we haven't had a thread like this in a while but it's nice to have it pop up every few years or so. How do you feel about the Final Fantasy Franchise currently? Do you feel the series is looking good or getting ready to take that final leap to it's demise? Is it improving or just another day in its steady decline? How is the franchise doing in your opinion?
    I thimk its fine. all else fails then just be like cod and not change much for like 10 games.

anyway i think every entry has introduced alot of new people.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

If you asked this after XIII I'd say in is about to fail. Haven't played XIV, and though I can see things I don't like in a FF game in XV, I do see some good things too. Until I can play XV I can't tell you what's going to happen with the series.

Blog Entries

It will have its FINAL Final Fantasy. Ever since iX there hasn't been a good game. I don't like the voice acting. It makes me wonder if i'm gonna like who they use for Clouds voice. Blah you know what I mean. I was a die hard fan and still am. I just don't see any good games. X main character was a cry baby. Vaan wasn't any better. XIII tried to be the best so good of a game it plays itself.

The took everything I liked out of Final Fantasy since IX that I have played the remakes and PS1 games to this day. The classics made the series, not just 1 title with 3 games.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    It will have its FINAL Final Fantasy. Ever since iX there hasn't been a good game. I don't like the voice acting. It makes me wonder if i'm gonna like who they use for Clouds voice. Blah you know what I mean. I was a die hard fan and still am. I just don't see any good games. X main character was a cry baby. Vaan wasn't any better. XIII tried to be the best so good of a game it plays itself.

The took everything I liked out of Final Fantasy since IX that I have played the remakes and PS1 games to this day. The classics made the series, not just 1 title with 3 games.

I mostly agree greed with you here. X I liked because I was a Blitzball fanatic, XII I enjoyed but it wasn't OMG you have to play this game good.

I've only really played games from X onwards, and I have to say I thought they were all very good. So, I don't really see this "decline" which people talk about sometimes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My opinion hasn't changed, because still haven't played anything after XII, but I'm looking forward to XV a lot.

I am happy with FF right now. We've gotten an actually good port of IX on steam as well as mostly acceptable ports of almost every other game. We are getting XV which looks rather interesting and I am quite hyped for it. And Square in general seems to be on the rise from a bit of a decline.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure XV might be the beginning of a new Renaissance. A Rebound period, if you will. Though I think it's safe to say that it's already began what with ARR. I mean, XIII, along with the original XIV launch, is probably the undisputed rock-bottom, but SE is at least trying to learn from its mistakes (the XIII sequels, ARR, releasing Type-0 here, etc.), with XV trying to do so many things to win the crowd back. I mean, look how well the uncovered event did. I'm pretty confident FF is going to do well for quite some time after XV.