Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does Tidus look like a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    Why did the devs make Tidus look like a woman? I mean, hell. They made him really scrawny and gave him Meg Ryans hair style. They even put him in overalls. Anyone know why they made him look like a girly 17 year old guy?

It almost make him and Yuna look like a same sex couple on the cover of the game.
    why does your post make you look like a bigoted, homophobic, hater?..
    i assure you these forums are not the place for an attitude like that, we have many gay, lesbian, and transgendered people here that could easily take offence at such a remark... i only hope it was posted in jest...
    to answer your question, because not every game lead has to be a scruffy dudebro... personally i hate that character type and welcome characters that are the antithesis of the scruffy dudebro...
    I.....dont think thats what he meant

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Might be reading a bit too much into it.

In either case I'd say he doesn't look like a man because he isn't a one. He's just a teenager. Tons of teenagers look a bit androgynous.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    yeah as i stated i hope it was just a bad joke that just rubbed me the wrong way...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Elly is right. This thread is full of awful transphobic language. Saying that male characters look "girly" as if it's a negative aspect for a male to look feminine, saying that Meg Ryan "looks like a man", seeming to have a problem with a same sex couple on the cover of a game. This is all just foul.

Why did the devs make Tidus look like a woman? I mean, hell. They made him really scrawny and gave him Meg Ryans hair style. They even put him in overalls. Anyone know why they made him look like a girly 17 year old guy?

It almost make him and Yuna look like a same sex couple on the cover of the game.
    why does your post make you look like a bigoted, homophobic, hater?..
    i assure you these forums are not the place for an attitude like that, we have many gay, lesbian, and transgendered people here that could easily take offence at such a remark... i only hope it was posted in jest...
    to answer your question, because not every game lead has to be a scruffy dudebro... personally i hate that character type and welcome characters that are the antithesis of the scruffy dudebro...
    To be fair, that is how I interpreted it as well.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

They made him really scrawny and gave him Meg Ryans hair style. They even put him in overalls. Anyone know why they made him look like a girly 17 year old guy?
    It's like you've never played a JRPG before.
    I like Kung-Fu.

This is Final Fantasy, not Resident Evil, all of the main guys are young and pretty and I love it! #CloudSquallTidusVaanAce
    \(-____-)/

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Because he was born Tidette.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Haven't you played any JRPGs before?

They always prefer the slightly effeminate man over the muscly western hero.

Barret, Wakka, Steiner, Basch, Gladiolus are all the stereotypically masculine characters that are peripheral to the more slight and boy-like hero in FF games.

yeah as i stated i hope it was just a bad joke that just rubbed me the wrong way...
    Or... MAYBE people like you look for conflict where there is none.
    "The Save Sphere debacle of 2014: Never Forget"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is a distinct lack of pleasantness in this thread so I think we're done here.