Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does Tidus look like a woman?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Shepard. *nod*
    Mass Effect is the exception where the typical white gruff male Shepard is pretty much seen by the fandom as inferior to FemShep, and with pretty good reason.

Banned

Most Japanese male characters look like women.

Anyway, I honestly always thought that the American Tidus came off as kind of whiny and fragile.
    He has a lot more attitude in the Japanese version, and his Japanese voice fits him so much better.
    You can think of him as Ichigo, since they both have the same Japanese voice actor (Masakazu Morita).

Articles
    Blog Entries

Japanese standards of beauty for young men can have elegant or even feminine characteristics. He's obviously quite masculine and with a mid-range voice. His design is certainly odd arguably even within the setting but there's precedent for it in the series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

One can look feminine without resembling a woman.

Why are we asking why Tidus resembles a woman, and not instead why Meg Ryan resembles a man? #socialjustice #gender #toxicmasculinity

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

She doesn't look like a man either!

She doesn't look like a man either!
    If one agrees that she looks like Tidus, one must also agree that she looks like a man, as Tidus is unquestionably a man. a=a=a

Quote Originally Posted by sinuosity View Post
    Why are we asking why Tidus resembles a woman, and not instead why Meg Ryan resembles a man? #socialjustice #gender #toxicmasculinity

Funnily, I think Tidus' outfit is a good fit for a big burly construction worker type character.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Shepard. *nod*
    But shepard is a woman...
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    Why did the devs make Tidus look like a woman? I mean, hell. They made him really scrawny and gave him Meg Ryans hair style. They even put him in overalls. Anyone know why they made him look like a girly 17 year old guy?

It almost make him and Yuna look like a same sex couple on the cover of the game.
    Have you seen Depression Moon's signature? He makes Zidane look girly in that one, so its not just Tidus I think its an epidemic of girly males. Is it a mock up or an actual game? Tis a mystery that will remain unsolved.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    Why did the devs make Tidus look like a woman? I mean, hell. They made him really scrawny and gave him Meg Ryans hair style. They even put him in overalls. Anyone know why they made him look like a girly 17 year old guy?

It almost make him and Yuna look like a same sex couple on the cover of the game.
    Have you seen Depression Moon's signature? He makes Zidane look girly in that one, so its not just Tidus I think its an epidemic of girly males. Is it a mock up or an actual game? Tis a mystery that will remain unsolved.
    It's from Dissidia

why does your post make you look like a bigoted, homophobic, hater?..
    i assure you these forums are not the place for an attitude like that, we have many gay, lesbian, and transgendered people here that could easily take offence at such a remark... i only hope it was posted in jest...
    to answer your question, because not every game lead has to be a scruffy dudebro... personally i hate that character type and welcome characters that are the antithesis of the scruffy dudebro...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think he looks like a boy. A teenage boy. I went to school with 17 year old boys and they didn't all look like manly macho men, a lot of them looked like boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Shepard. *nod*
    Mass Effect is the exception where the typical white gruff male Shepard is pretty much seen by the fandom as inferior to FemShep, and with pretty good reason.
    I think it's pretty cool that when you see people talking about Dragon Age or Mass Effect people use female pronouns when talking about protagonists, even a large proportion of dudes. And some games treat the female option as a non-canon afterthought.