FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Attachment 68049

Persona 2 is probably the most overlooked entry, being between the awkward first game that the newer fans hated and super popular P3 and 4.

Also Gitaroo Man, hell Rhythm games in general is just one of those genres no one ever talks about.
    I do want to play Persona 2 at some point.

If only because you can be gay in it. That, and I'm liking his shirt and tie look!
    That's... not entirely true. THere's no social links and no real romance options, just subtle hints and little choices here and there you can make. No option in being an overtly gay relationship.

And I know plenty of people who rave about the P2 duology! But yeah, P1 is evil. It's not that I hate it. It's that it hates me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's... not entirely true. THere's no social links and no real romance options, just subtle hints and little choices here and there you can make. No option in being an overtly gay relationship.
    Laaame. Honestly, I'm hoping Atlus implements a gay romance option in Persona 5.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually the Jun x Tatsuya element of the game is a little more than subtle hints. In the game you have conversation system with demons and it's possible to team up with members. If you actually tell Jun you love him, then you get a team up conversation ability between the two which is Jun flirting with Tatsuya. Likewise, if you tell Maya or Lisa, they partake of the system. It's not full on modern RPG snog fest but for something that came out in the 90s, it was pretty bold.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But it's still not a full-on romantic relationship you can partake in, and more like a joke scene that may or may not have happened in canon. In fact, I don't think either of the games ever makes it clear that Tatsuya ends up with any of the three romantic interests. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, as I've yet to play EP.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

EP doesn't tell you anything since Jun, Ekichi, and Lisa are relegated to minor NPCs until one particular boss fight... but Tatsuya has no canon partner. Though I think the head writer does actually consider the JunXTatsuya relationship to be the most ideal since Maya is more of a "big sister" and Lisa's feelings for Tatsuya is not exactly healthy for either of them. Like P3 and beyond, Tatsuya's partner is whoever you want it to be with. It was still pretty cool and you get more from it than one cutscene at least. You can't deny that Jun wasn't trying to get a relationship going between them if you go by a lot of his dialogue concerning Tatsuya.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

True, and Jun/Tatsuya is my preferred pairing as well, but the game itself never really comes out and says there is a relationship between Tatsuya and any of the three. Considering LGBT issues in gaming now, it's kind of a missed opportunity, but then again, this was the 90s, so this was as good as we could get, probably

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

History shows us that culture almost always advances in baby steps rather than great strides, regardless of how some of us may feel on the subject. With that said, I would argue that considering the time and medium, P2 was ahead of the curve on cultural values, especially when you consider how the sequels are still a bit too afraid to go there again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed completely. Echoing Formy's statement, hope there's something closer to a gay option in P5. I mean, we almost had Yosuke in P4, so maybe it's not that far off?

Sorry if all this came off as negative, I just wanted Formy not to get his hopes up for a complete, fleshed out gay romance option in Innocent Sin. It's still an excellent game, though, ahead of its time in many respects, and like Wolf said, should be respected for the steps it did take in regards of the relationships. It's also got a very dark, atmospheric plot. Which is something that cannot be said about P1 which plays out like a silly B horror movie

Ooh! Another game no one seems to remember about - Warioland. Remember that? 2 and 3 are basically my entire childhood, and yet no one seems to remember Wario used to do anything else than ride a gokart.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I played Warioland, the forum just doesn't have a huge handheld community.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Old Republic. It was an addictive MMO set in the Star Wars universe with amazing voice acting, a decent plot aaaand no one I knew played it.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Shadow Hearts series. Some people know of it, but I feel like I really only know one other person who ever played them. And they're so damn good.
    I do know of them. And I tried to search for the PS2 version of it while I was in the states. No luck though, they didn't even have it in the registry at Gamestop.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Why did you hide this fact from me? How could you?
    It never came up?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Shadow Hearts series. Some people know of it, but I feel like I really only know one other person who ever played them. And they're so damn good.
    I do know of them. And I tried to search for the PS2 version of it while I was in the states. No luck though, they didn't even have it in the registry at Gamestop.
    Yeah, I had to pick them up through Amazon. Still haven't got around to them either.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've seen the Shadow Hearts games in stores waaaaaaay back. Thought they looked interesting, but never got around to buying them for some reason. And then I forgot about them until now.