Thread: Where does he keep all those Chocobo's

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Where does he keep all those Chocobo's

So if you spent hours in the auction hose trying to buy those Espers you would have noticed that there is a man who will overpay greatly for his bratty son to get a Chocobo. So I've seen the man buy hundreds in a game before, and I wondered two things.

1. Where does he hide the Chocobo's.

2. How does he hide those extravingent spending habits from his wife?

This is just a fun topic. Feel free to make up anything you wish for it and let's see if we can come up with a great answer to this mystery.

Blog Entries

I'm glad you've gone for the joke answer route in the end, I don't know enough about this scenario to give a real answer.

Let's see......do they get dumped on Triangle Island, get suckered in by that worm and peck those annoying ledge pushers to death?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I always imagined him bringing the Chocobo back with a stern note from his wife saying he wasn't allowed to spend insane amounts of moneies on random stuff Like airship parts and Chocobo's

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

He eats them.

Blog Entries

He is always trying to get his money back so he bids high hoping someone would outbid him. Sadly if it is a different chocobo every time he either shoots them, or he leads them into chocobo forests. Heh he could even be using them as a illegal chocobo pit fight.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Breeding chocobos to kill kefka.

You are so cruel as to steal his glory and killing kefka yourself.
    Wrought with grief. Jealousy. And anger. The man heads of into the forest. Never to be seen again.
    He may be plotting his revenge. With chocobos in mind.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like to pretend that every time you see someone pay ridiculous amounts for those things that it's a different father and child. Every time.

Where do all these people live? How does the economy of the world support such wealth among so many? Or is it really just the same two guys buying the exact same chocobo back and forth for the same two children and every time one child tires of it they sell it back to the other?

We may never know.

Blog Entries

two theories:
    1) It's a scam by the auction house. There's no such thing as a talking Chocobo, or a Robot Imp. But they're rare items so they tote them out every now and then to attract other customers.

2) The guy use to be a frequent customer at the auction house, he was good friends with the auctioneer and all the staff loved him. One of his favourite memories was the day he bought a talking chocobo for his son (at a reasonable price), the look of absolute joy on his son's face filled him with contentment. However he develops early alzhiemers and now spends his days confused. The son takes his dad to the auction house every day because it's his favourite place and every now and then he works with the auctionner to set up a little re-enactment for his dad to get him to buy the chocobo again for him so he can remember how happy he was, of course the other customers bid on it too so the son always places a ridiculously high bid (knowing he won't have to pay anyway) so he can pretend to be super excited and see the smile on his father's face. Unfortunately the talking chocobo dies in the two year gap between the world of balance and the world of ruin which is why the son tries to re-enact it with the airship model and robot imp.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

The only Auctioneer who burns me up is in a different FF altogether.

But in terms of 6, these are all great answers. A Chocobo army against Kefka? Angry wives? Rich Doppelgangers? Lol