Thread: Fynn's Character Art

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

These are amazing Fynn, you're really continuing to hone your art style!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks!

I mean, I expect drawing every day for more than a week now would do something

EDIT: Actually, just counted - non-stop drawing for two weeks yesterday. Actually started even three days before that but there was one day without a drawing then. So far, then, it has been 14 consecutive days of drawing. Don't know if I'll manage to draw anything today since I'll be home late, but here's hoping for 15 and more!

This wasn't even intentional tbh. I didn't set out to draw a picture a day. It just happened!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So JAck knows demons need to be disciplined if you want them to be nice (oh don't worry, Pixie's turn is coming)

Also, today in the street I saw an outfit that totally inspired me! Dude was wearing this red wool sweater that was also a hoodie? Idk why but I thought it'd be a perfect fit for Benny!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Right, so today I've been feeling really under the weather and the drawings turned out pretty meh because of it, I think. They feel kinda half-assed and I couldn't get the pencil do do what I wanted it to do. But here are the things. It is what it is.

First: Jack is not a morning person. Find the cat.

Also, decided to practice the faces of the girls from the story that I've drawn so far.

First up, Celia, Benny's ex-wife, in a light pink sweater which you can't see because this is not colored

Now it's time for Bailey who has really light eyebrows!

Next up is Aida, with her hair styled slightly differently! She likes to keep things interesting

Jazz with her sly eyes and subtle snake motif.

And Delilah. Not gonna lie, she's probably my favorite design of the girls because she looks so different. I like her slight dimples, nose, and jaw shape. I'm not even ashamed to say the main idea behind her design was "mature and sexy". I think I did a pretty good job with that!

To finish this off, some Benny. It looks like Benny's become a kind of unofficial model for me now, since whenever I come up with a new outfit, he gets to present it.

And another doodle for the swimsuit collection. Sorry other Benny got in the way of the lower half, Formy! You'll get the full view later.

To quote the great Hiromu Arakawa, author of Fullmetal Alchemist, whom I may have been more inspired by than I thought: "Guys should be big! Girls should be va-voom!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Sorry other Benny got in the way of the lower half, Formy! You'll get the full view later.

You know me too well, Fynn.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm really not, but I can appreciate the human form all the same.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really want to see some different art from you.

I get this.. animal feeling from you? but furry ones? Like Benny reminds me of a cuddley bear. They all seem like mammals.

I'd like to see a more reptilian looking characters. Am I sounding sane here?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I'd like to see a more reptilian looking characters. Am I sounding sane here?
    What, you mean the plot twist isn't that they're all lizard people?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do actually always have an animal motif in mind when designing a character! They're mostly mammals but I guess that's because mammals are easier to empathize with? Idk.

In any case, Jack is, of course, a cat. Benny, on the other hand, is actually a wolf in my mind. Aida is the bear, though that's more in temperament that outward design. Bailey is an owl whole Delilah is a crow, so not mammals, and neither is Jazz - her motif is a snake. Though I kinda had the more positive qualities of a snake in mind, if that makes sense? Think Riddel from Chrono Cross. Celia has a dog motif, while Lou has, of course, goats. Because, what else?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Had a humongous headache today so I only managed the three drawings you're about to see, but I'm at least glad that I got to the point that I can actuallly make a decent full body doodle in little time

So I know some of you have been asking for Benny in a tux. Well, your wish has been granted. Now don't tell me I don't listen to you guys.

Next up, Delilah in business attire, having an important conversation. She's a serious career person.

And lastly, someone totally different. Talking to Karifean recently, I was reminded of the VN idea I have. This is Geoff, one of the characters from that idea. Before you ask, Freya: panda.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, had something cool to post but smurfing photobucket keeps logging me oit

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, actually got it to work!

Was super tired and headachy yesterday but I managed to draw some stuff!

First up is shaggy Jack. So I don't know why but I just really like this design so it stuck. I still don't know what happens to him, but I know something has to now at a certain point. So that's an interesting type of story planning.

(Also, Freya, in keeping with that conversation, while regular Jack is a cat, shaggy Jack is a lion)

And here's our swimsuit model for today (yesterday?) - Delilah. Women bodies are harder to draw for me, but I guess I just need practice. Still, pretty happy with how she turned out!

Also, might be drawing a bit less frequently from here on out. Not only is it Easter here and I have my hands full, but I'm also actually starting to work on that fanfic, so I may not have enough energy left for drawing

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Totes would, Delilah...