View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2016?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Germany

4 33.33%
  • France

2 16.67%
  • Spain

1 8.33%
  • Italy

0 0%
  • England

1 8.33%
  • Wales

1 8.33%
  • Northern Ireland

0 0%
  • Republic of Ireland

0 0%
  • Belgium

1 8.33%
  • Albania

1 8.33%
  • Iceland

1 8.33%
  • One of the other teams

0 0%
Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 Thread

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default Euro 2016 Thread

The football season still has a week or two left to run, but thought I'd set this thread up now. Make your predictions! How badly will England fail this time, and will it be the end for Hodgson afterwards?

My money's on France. Can't wait either way. 24 teams is probably too many but we'll just have to see how it goes.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Über alles.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Scotland needs to step it up. The rest of the British Isles family made it through, we're just the lame little brother.

Anyway as always I am backing the Spaniards.

Already organised the sweepstake in work, I drew Ireland which I'm happy with.

I'll be heading to England to watch the first England game, but it legit sucks to be English in Wales during the Euros and World Cup, I've had some serious non-banter abuse and narrow escapes when trying to watch a game before. After England I support all the home nations over any other country, very rare it seems.

That said, I'm still pumped for it. Booked the whole week off work for the start of the tournament.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Germany. Calling this like I called the Eurovision.

Only... Australia probably won't win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    I've had some serious non-banter abuse and narrow escapes
    I see you too have met Plaid Cymru voters.

Cymru am byth. I'm thinking about putting some money down on us going out without scoring a goal. The tournament is more or less a dead rubber to most people. In reality I'm feeling France too, provided they manage to get through their mandatory pre-tournament handbag fight without any coaches sacking players or Patrice Evra getting a bump on the head and thinking he's Fidel Castro. I've also got a good feeling about Albania not being as trout as they sound.

Also, whisper it, but...(SPOILER)I think England might actually be massive dark horses, you know. They've finally offloaded most of the utter garbage that made up the team of the last 10 years (though Milner is still playing), Wayne Rooney has had his neck forcibly wound in, and their football at the moment just doesn't look trout. It all depends on Germany getting knocked out by somebody else, though.

there was a picture here

Articles

What, James Milner, 2016 assist king? Get out of here. His non-set piece crossing is ridiculously good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

England could be the new Leicester.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to support our colony. Go Belgium!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Already organised the sweepstake in work, I drew Ireland which I'm happy with.

I'll be heading to England to watch the first England game, but it legit sucks to be English in Wales during the Euros and World Cup, I've had some serious non-banter abuse and narrow escapes when trying to watch a game before. After England I support all the home nations over any other country, very rare it seems.

That said, I'm still pumped for it. Booked the whole week off work for the start of the tournament.
    Nice! Ireland has a better chance here than in the last Euros but we've still drawn a hard group with Italy, Belgium, & Sweden. Still, get a win against Sweden and sneak a draw against any of the other two and we could get by!

I'm the same as well. I'll support Wales and England when they play, contrary to what most people think.

It's awfully hard to predict this year. There's no stand out teams. I think England have a genuine chance. I think the likes of Alli, Smalling, and Rose will be huge for them. Then there's underdogs like Poland with a terrific frontline of Lewandowski and Milik feeding him all the time. Perišić, Bale, Sigurdsson, to shine for the underdogs.

The best defence almost always wins these tournaments, but my choice of winner is... France.

I know it's hard to look by Spain/Germany/Belgium, but I think they have the best in-from attacking squad. Varane out is a blow but I expect Martial & Greizmann to really shine. And if Payet starts, magical. Plus the benefit of home advantage.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Netherlands - Ireland 1:1

May be one of the worst matches so far. Just sinking into a deeper hole. You know you're in trouble when one guy goes off the field and everyone is wondering who the hell will be the captain.

Articles

Marcus Rashford must be on the plane and start every game and we should build the side around him for the next ten years after he leads us to Euro 2016 glory.

Unless he's trout and doesn't score a hat trick in every game and in which case he's a bottler who let his country down and should be booed at every available opportunity.

As always, if any tabloid editors are reading I am available.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Rashford is one Euro 2016 goal away from being hailed as the next Pele
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

Put any more pressure on the guy and we'll have a whole different type of hydraulic press channel.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Who do you guys think England should cut? Delph is already a certainty. I'd go with Barkley/Wilshire personally for the other two.

Str8 Pimpin'