Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaming Opinions you (or others) don't understand.

That reminds me, back when MGS4 came out, it received oodles of praise for "fixing" MGS2.

That was an opinion I NEVER understood and actively fought all the way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    The Internet's explosion of love over Pokemon Sun and Moon.
    As someone who grew up with Pokemon I have been very disappointed in it's lack of growth and maturity as a series. The latest games look oh so disappointing.
    I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't understand how people can't see that these game always were and always will be aimed at children. And the same people who complain about the lack of maturity usually also ignore generation 5 which was really the peak of Pokemon story and gameplay, in BW and B2W2 respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    The Internet's explosion of love over Pokemon Sun and Moon.
    As someone who grew up with Pokemon I have been very disappointed in it's lack of growth and maturity as a series. The latest games look oh so disappointing.
    I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't understand how people can't see that these game always were and always will be aimed at children. And the same people who complain about the lack of maturity usually also ignore generation 5 which was really the peak of Pokemon story and gameplay, in BW and B2W2 respectively.

You make a great point about BW and B2W2. I loved those games and they were a surprise to me. However, I was very underwhelmed with X and Y and saw those games as a step back, story wise.

While Pokemon is and always has been aimed at children that does not mean that it should ignore its older fan base. Harry Potter is a great example of a series, albeit a book series, that appealed to both children and adults. It aged well while still keeping the magic and wonder of the series alive.

I'm not asking for a BVS maturity, simply an evolution of what was started in BW.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That we can agree on. X and Y were a step down in some ways, the story especially. But they were still pretty good and I hope that Sun and Moon can be to XY what BW was to DPP.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I actually love X&Y I think that's my favorite Pokemon gen (tied with gen 2) (I honestly think gen 2 is FANTASTIC and I know it's not just nostalgia because I replayed it a couple years back and it was still great)

I was in 5th grade when Red and Blue came out and I loved those games. By the time GSC came out I was ready. I've never had as much fun or invested as much time in a video game as I did with my copy of Silver. I sunk at least 2 years into that game. =/ When I say 2 years, I mean I only had one cartridge for my GameBoy and it was Silver and played the label off that thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Similar story here One reason I never got "genwunners" was because gem 1 was never that nostalgic to me - gen 2 is when I really got deep into Pokrmon.

I kinda wanna relive that, so aside from starters, I am trying to shield myself from any knowledge about Sun and Moon.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Well, for my story... I'm older than most people here, so I was 15 when I first got and played Pokemon Red & Blue. So I was plenty old enough and I sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours into that game. Loved it. Loved it a lot. It was very important to me. However Gen 2 was just an improvement in pretty much every possible way, honestly. I feel like Gen 1 is really difficult to go back and play. When I feel like playing it I load up FireRed/LeafGreen.

IDK if I want to download the Gen 1 games on 3DS Nintendo eShop. As much as I loved them at the time I don't really think they've aged well. *is skewered*

Yea same here. During all the hype for the eShop release of Red and Blue I was like indifferent. Now if GSC were to come to the eShop...