Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People's Bad Habits

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default People's Bad Habits

So my nine-month old son has started to eat proper food and the mess is... the most horrific thing ever. It made me realise I can't stand messy eaters. Seriously, I have to let MissH clean him up because I can't even look at him when he's eating. I'm fine cleaning troutty nappies and vomit but soggy bread and vegetables? Nah. Nope. No way.

What a bad habits can't you stand?

Articles
    Blog Entries

People who chew with their mouth open or talk with food in their mouth (without at least putting a hand over their mouth).

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    People who walk slowly/stop in the middle of a walk area to talk. Just move to the side if you're going to do either of those things. Some of us walk with purpose.
    Oh god, yes. This drives NF and I particularly crazy. At the shops it's always two ladies with a trolley each on either side of the isle as well.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That or at the top or bottom of escalators. I mean come the smurf on.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People who scuff their feet when they walk.

Part of what my job entails is teaching new instructors how to teach, and listening to them struggle through the first couple of weeks is horrible. They never pick up their feet.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

People just in general tick me off.

Chalk me up for slow/meandering walkers in the middle of walkways too! Absolutely infuriating lol. I swear shopping malls are designed to maximise the likelihood of this occurring, too.

People who have a weekly get together in the middle of the isle while shopping. Seriously smurf you, go sit in the café bit.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I also can't stand the slow random people chatting at random places. Yesterday when shopping there were people just standing in front of the meat. I will push your winkly old ass out of the way for steak.

Blog Entries

I hate scab-picking. It makes me shudder. So many times I've been sitting near people and they'll just be picking their skin until they're bleeding. AHHHH.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Interrupting.

If the point your trying to make is that important, it will still be relevant 6 seconds later when I'm done with my thought.

I'm not completely innocent of this, but I really try not to.

I work with a girl who runs her entire hand upwards over her nose and sniffs to clear her nostrils. It happens every day and it's absolutely revolting.

Banned

I really find it annoying when people are in a hurry just for the sake of being in a hurry.
    Whenever I walk at normal comfortable speed (everone has a natural walking rhythm that has to do with periodic motion of the legs as a function of gravity etc) someone always ends up walking right behind me in a stressful and demanding manner and trying to get past me.
    And if I stand in queue at a supermarket or something people in every queue will always stand and look annoyed, because oh crap, they have to stand still for a moment.
    Personally I just check out the shelves or whatever that's close to me, and see if I happen to spot something that I might wanna buy next time.
    This also makes the waiting time feel much shorter, because I zone out a little and think of other things than the goddamn queue.
    Same thing in traffic as well - if I take longer than 4-5 seconds to cross a zebra crossing some people will either honk the horn, or accelerate very quickly to show how irritated they are.
    Wow, yeah I took one second too long to cross the road, that's so horrible.

People seriously need to learn to relax, not everything has to be accomplished at turbo speed.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 05-24-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Can I just add one?

I don't want to burst the brimming can of worms of things that annoy me - but I absolutely can't stand it if I'm standing in a queue and the person behind me gets right up my ass practically breathing down my damn neck.... So I take a step forward so they're out of my personal freaking space - so THEY THEN FOLLOW AND GET RIGHT BACK IN MY GRILL AGAIN.