Thread: Noctis' age, Episode 2 of Brotherhood, and More in the New Active Time Report!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Noctis' age, Episode 2 of Brotherhood, and More in the New Active Time Report!

Another Active Time Report was today with oodles of new information regarding Final Fantasy XV. We got more info about the Theatrical Movie Final Fantasy: Kingsglaive, a hint at the next episode of the anime companion, Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV, and some details about Final Fantasy XV itself! Thanks to Siliconera for the translating info presented in this report!

• There won’t be any climbing actions in Final Fantasy XV.
    • There will be as skill tree, and a system to learn abilities.
    • The second episode of Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV will release sometime around the time of E3 2016.
    • There won’t be a gallery mode, but it’s being considered for a post-release addition.
    • While we haven’t seen him in recent trailers, the hooded character in older trailers is still in the game.
    • Some mentioned that the graphics looked worse in the Platinum Demo compared to Episode Duscae. Tabata says to please wait until E3 about that.
    • The car stereo will have Final Fantasy music, but there won’t be a way to play your favorite (that are not from Final Fantasy or other Square Enix games) songs due to copyright issues; however that is something they’re currently looking into.
    • You’ll get to save in other places other than camps.
    • You’ll also get to fast-travel to the previous area you rested at.

• If you don’t land the flying car right, it’ll result in a game over screen.
    • Noctis is 20-years-old, Ignis 22-years-old, Gladiolus 23-years-old, Prompto 20-years-old.
    • Noctis drinks the Ebony coffee in Brotherhood but we’ve known that he doesn’t like it in Duscae. According to Tabata, he doesn’t like it personally, but forces himself to do it. Think of it as a young person trying to look cool.
    • More on the subject of “Ebony,” in addition to it coming from the name of the engine, it also means “pitch black” which is the color theme of Final Fantasy XV. This dates back to the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy days and its connection to Final Fantasy XIII, which has a theme of white and they also called its engine “White.”
    • Justice Monsters V has had over 100,000 people register for the game.
    • The next Active Time Report, dubbed the “Day 0 Edition” will take place a day before the start of E3 2016.

Thoughts on all this new information? What do you think about the character's ages?

Final Fantasy XV comes out September 30th, 2016 for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
    Last edited by Freya; 06-01-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Lol@Game Over Screen

Articles
    Blog Entries

That flying car is a double-edged sword!

Nice update, thanks Freya! They're really bigging up E3, I'm hopeful they'll be able to sell the game to me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Another Active Time Report was today with oodles of new information regarding Final Fantasy XV. We got more info about the Theatrical Movie Final Fantasy: Kingsglaive, a hint at the next episode of the anime companion, Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV, and some details about Final Fantasy XV itself! Thanks to Siliconera for the translating info presented in this report!

• The second episode of Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV will release sometime around the time of E3 2016.
    • There won’t be a gallery mode, but it’s being considered for a post-release addition.
    • While we haven’t seen him in recent trailers, the hooded character above is still in the game.
    • Some mentioned that the graphics looked worse in the Platinum Demo compared to Episode Duscae. Tabata says to please wait until E3 about that.
    • The car stereo will have Final Fantasy music, but there won’t be a way to play your favorite (that are not from Final Fantasy or other Square Enix games) songs due to copyright issues; however that is something they’re currently looking into.
    • You’ll get to save in other places other than camps.
    • You’ll also get to fast-travel to the previous area you rested at.

• If you don’t land the flying car right, it’ll result in a game over screen.
    • Noctis is 20-years-old, Ignis 22-years-old, Gladiolus 23-years-old, Prompto 20-years-old.
    • Noctis drinks the Ebony coffee in Brotherhood but we’ve known that he doesn’t like it in Duscae. According to Tabata, he doesn’t like it personally, but forces himself to do it. Think of it as a young person trying to look cool.
    • More on the subject of “Ebony,” in addition to it coming from the name of the engine, it also means “pitch black” which is the color theme of Final Fantasy XV. This dates back to the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy days and its connection to Final Fantasy XIII, which has a theme of white and they also called its engine “White.”
    • Justice Monsters V has had over 100,000 people register for the game.
    • The next Active Time Report, dubbed the “Day 0 Edition” will take place a day before the start of E3 2016.

Thoughts on all this new information? What do you think about the character's ages?

Final Fantasy XV comes out September 30th, 2016 for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
    Landing the Flynig Car Wrong results into a Game Over Screen? Ok...

Oh my god Noctis is 20? I'm going to 20 this year, i feel old.

"Please Wait until E3 for that". So Final Fantasy XV is going to be at E3? And the second episode of Brotherhood comes arround the time arround. I thought after Uncovered they would not be more info.
    The One and Only KeybasH.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, I love the coffee update

Noctis is also partial to Liquorice Allsorts but doesn't like the little black twisty ones.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Am I the only person who's really digging the design of that old guy with the Chocobo? Even NPCs have these nice little details! The leather vest and the scarf and the cabby hat! Woo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Interesting. I was initially sad about the lack of climbing actions, but then quickly realised we don't really need them when we have a sword we can throw and teleport to. Kind of renders climbing pointless.

Skill tree? Now this I am interested in.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fast travel better be more than just 'the previous area'.

Skill trees are fun.

As long as landing the car is relatively simple, dying when you crash it is hilarious.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

If I had the money I would buy all the necessary hardware and software to try this game out

I'm............

INTRIGUED by it

Oh, and when I said I was 32, I didn't mean it was just being ironic :-P

Fast travel is nothing new. In a very limited form the Teleport Crystals in FFXII were fast travel and the Historia Crux sort of is also fast travel. And well. The Fahrenheit and Celsius are as well.

This time it probably is accessible anytime.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, but they regressed with fast travel in FFXIII, only allowing it in a couple areas and only at the end and in a cumbersome fashion. I'll give you improvement with the Historia Crux in XIII-2 but that was not an open world game and was a joining of several discrete areas with one central hub.

The systems in Xenoblade and Dragon Age which basically allow you to travel anywhere you've been at any point in time should be the standard for open world games. You do not need an in-game rationale to justify this ability such as a flying car or teleport spell requiring items or MP; these games don't have it and it worked out pretty good.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I agree, provided it doesn't break the continuity of the game in any way. Skyrim for example, the entire point is that it's open world and you can go anywhere at any time, and it doesn't "break" any plot points. In FFXIII I found it to be plot relevant, it made me feel like my crew was really on the run. It would be kind of dumb if I was "on the run" but could go back at any point. FFVII did it to some extent, too, by blocking off going backwards at various points (eg. Leaving Midgar). I like, however, how in FFVII you can eventually go back, when you are on the offensive.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

No climbing? That's my deluxe edition cancelled!

Seriously though, there's a couple nice bits of info here. We now know that FFXV will be at E3, which is exciting. Hopefully they'll delve a bit more deeply in to how the skill tree will work. Levelling through the Crystarium in FFXIII & FFXIII-2 was so monotonous, and the Alto Crystarium in Type-0 was just meh, so this will make a nice change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Noctis drinks the Ebony coffee in Brotherhood but we’ve known that he doesn’t like it in Duscae. According to Tabata, he doesn’t like it personally, but forces himself to do it. Think of it as a young person trying to look cool.
    lmao! I know people who used to do this all the time at one of my old churches xD