Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFXII: The Zodiac Age

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Interesting, neither Ito nor Minegawa are directing this remaster, only supervising... wonder what they've been up to for the last few years...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Interesting, neither Ito nor Minegawa are directing this remaster, only supervising... wonder what they've been up to for the last few years...
    Final Fantasy XVI confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I don't get why people don't like Vaan's abs. They fit in with the art style, imo
    They're scary Fynn.

Anyways I hope that the FF XII fans enjoy this game. You guys have been patiently waiting for this for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Final Fantasy XVI confirmed.
    Oh gosh, please no. If Final Fantasy XVI is Final Fantasy XII themed I will die. Die a agonizing death. I only just started to somewhat see the good points about Final Fantasy XII a few months ago. I don't think that it's horrible trash like I used too, but it's still one of my least favourite Final Fantasy games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ito is responsible for the ATB system, FFVI, FFVII, FFIX - really, him directing XVI would be the best thing imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I'll be looking forward to playing this again. Hopefully it'll come out for PC relatively quickly.
    Well, that's a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Ito is responsible for the ATB system, FFVI, FFVII, FFIX - really, him directing XVI would be the best thing imaginable.

PLEASE LORD

I HAVE BEEN GOOD THIS YEAR

this i am looking forward to... recently i tried playing the PS2 version again, i even got some official Sony PS2/3 component cables but that made the jagginess and tearing more obvious... so, i love what they did with FFX on PS4 and i can't wait for an HD Remaster of FFXII...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Oh man the trophies are going to be painful. I bet killing Yiazmat will be required for the platinum.
    It's not that bad anymore :P
    Killing Yiazmat isn't really that bad. As long as you've got a good strategy, contingencies for his insta-kill attacks and a lot of patience, he'll go down. Honestly, I'm fearful they'll at a Seitengrat trophy or whatever the smurf. That'd be painful. A 'complete the main game with all characters on one job' would be devilish also.

With the remaster, I'm really hoping that with the power bestowed by the PS4, spell loading will be better. The fact that the game had to queue different actions using 'effect capacity' made certain magicks just obsolete, and using physical attacks with haste/berserk and a support character churned out damage. If that was removed, using spells would be better and the battle would just flow more naturally.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Why Vaan's abs still look like someone without depth perception painted them on?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Oh man the trophies are going to be painful. I bet killing Yiazmat will be required for the platinum.
    It's not that bad anymore :P
    Killing Yiazmat isn't really that bad. As long as you've got a good strategy, contingencies for his insta-kill attacks and a lot of patience, he'll go down. Honestly, I'm fearful they'll at a Seitengrat trophy or whatever the smurf. That'd be painful. A 'complete the main game with all characters on one job' would be devilish also.

With the remaster, I'm really hoping that with the power bestowed by the PS4, spell loading will be better. The fact that the game had to queue different actions using 'effect capacity' made certain magicks just obsolete, and using physical attacks with haste/berserk and a support character churned out damage. If that was removed, using spells would be better and the battle would just flow more naturally.
    The action queue is still there, it's actually part of the battle system since you can use it to delay enemy actions (and vice versa). The only major changes to the battle system besides the job system is you can now directly control Espers and Guest party members with their gambits, and the enemies have been rebalanced to compensate for the job system. Other than that, it's just extra modes, some new weapons, all gambits are made available from the beginning; stuff like that.

Also the game pretty much had a trophy/achievement system already, I wouldn't be surprised if they just lift it for the actual trophy/achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Why Vaan's abs still look like someone without depth perception painted them on?
    Hopefully there's a option to put on his white blouse that he wears in some other FF XII/ Tactics themed games. I'm one of the odd people that actually like Vaan, so another costume of his would be g-r-e-a-t !

I still need to complete Tactics A2 ;-;

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It does seem to add fuel to that one guy's crazy long FFXVI speculation thread.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    The action queue is still there, it's actually part of the battle system since you can use it to delay enemy actions (and vice versa).
    Well it's debatable whether the effect capacity limit is intended to work as it is not just to stay within hardware limits but also as a battle system feature. Either way I find it doubtful that they'll change it since X-2 has the exact same thing and there was no change for the HD Remaster. Which is too bad, the effect capacity limit really is a hindrance if you want to play more of a magic-based setup. Though you can also abuse mist charged moves to circumvent the problem...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I called it, a year too early, but I called it!
    I did too!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

personally never thought it'd happen

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    personally never thought it'd happen
    Same. FFXII gets treated like the ugly stepchild of the FF series by Square Enix for some reason. They rarely acknowledge the existence of the game or its characters in comparison to all the other post-16-bit FF games.
    I like Kung-Fu.