Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Men: Apocalypse

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

How can there be too many when no one has tapped into a good percentage of the existing characters? trout, I don't think there's anything from Image comics and as of right now no representation of women and people of color.

Black Panther needs to come out and be good. Same with Wonder Woman.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If it's all right with you guys, I was kind of hoping this topic would stay about X-Men.

I really liked Storm and Psylocke in this movie, even if they didn't get a lot of screentime to really shine. I heard this was meant to tie up the story with Xavier, Mangeto, Mystique, etc. so the new movies will be more about the new cast. I hope so. I think it works as a good conclusion for them.

Also (SPOILER)as much as I love the Wolverine cameo so much time is spent there and it feels like the movie could've cut that whole scene out to make room for other things xD. The only thing that came out of that scene was getting their costume outside of setting up the post-credit scene.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm in the camp where I don't think it was as good as Days of Future Past, and I liked it in general. The people saying it is "one of the bad ones" really needs to rewatch The Last Stand or Wolverine Origins again. But there is one scene in this one that I thought was better than Days of Future Past...

(SPOILER)The Quicksilver scene topped the previous one. I knew it was coming. I knew they'd try to top it. I didn't think they would succeed as much as they did. Man, they could make a whole movie of him running around like that and I would watch it all day.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, this wasn't an amazing movie but I did enjoy it. Days of Future Part was better and I wish that they'd done more with the 80's setting than just making it a backdrop for the action, but it's definitely one of the better X-Men movies. Maybe even top 3 material on a good day if we ignore The Wolverine. X2 was a great movie at the time but I don't think it's aged as well as some think. Still a great movie, but their have been so many better ones since, and I like the recent movies take on Magneto so much I may give this one the edge over it.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was okay, but I thought I felt like they padded the length to make it "epic" or whatever. I didn't think there was anything that happened in 2.5 hours that couldn't have been done more succinctly in 90 minutes. For how long the whole thing was, there was never very much tension or drama that wasn't entirely predictable or emotionally flat.

It wasn't bad at any rate, just not great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I'm in the camp where I don't think it was as good as Days of Future Past, and I liked it in general. The people saying it is "one of the bad ones" really needs to rewatch The Last Stand or Wolverine Origins again. But there is one scene in this one that I thought was better than Days of Future Past...

(SPOILER)The Quicksilver scene topped the previous one. I knew it was coming. I knew they'd try to top it. I didn't think they would succeed as much as they did. Man, they could make a whole movie of him running around like that and I would watch it all day.
    Quicksilver got to kick ass in this movie. (SPOILER)I loved how he got in all those licks against Apocalypse before getting his own ass whipped. Makes you wonder just how fast he is with all the time he has to spare during one of his sessions. This is a rare case where I prefer the Fox version of a character over another.

Apparently the next one is supposed to take place in the 90's. I wonder how long they plan to keep on McAvoy and Fassbender because if they keep time jumping like this they're gonna have to age sooner or later.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    I love Jennifer Lawrence but her role was forced and pushed to the frontline pretty much only because she is the popular new oscar winner and they want to show her of.

the beginning with Magneto was cheesy as smurf.
    The way-too-loving family that only excists in movies anoyed me more then it should..
    the minute they got on screen being all happy and sweet i already knew they would be killed off just to piss magneto of.

i really enjoyed the movie :3 Quicksilver was hilarious once again. and (like Ayes said) Fassbender and McAvoy were once again great in their roles
    I got to wonder, though, was the daughter meant to be Scarlet Witch? Did Fox pull a Marvel just because the MCU get to use Wanda, instead? xD

(SPOILER)Magneto should've just let that guy at the factory die. See what happens when you help people?
    naah, Scarlet Witch doesnt have animal-controle powers?