Kind of surprised there wasn't a thread already about this with all the superhero stuff being discussed.

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. I wouldn't rate it above Days of Future Past, First Class, or even X-2 (and definitely not Deadpool), but it's up there with the better X-Men movies. I like what they did with Apocalypse even if he isn't as true to the comic book/old cartoon as he could've been. Although, (SPOILER)the Ivan Ooze comparisons are a little more on point than I'd like to admit.

I enjoyed all the new cast members introduced, especially Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. (SPOILER)The climax where she was saved as the trump card with a little Phoenix tease was wonderful. Though the poor girl has a little trouble keeping up that American accent. If it's the first time she ever tried to adopt one I can forgive her. She was great.

James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender continue to kill it in their respective roles. Quicksilver was great in the movie. Don't know how to feel about Jennifer Lawrence's performance yet. Felt a little phoned in.

Discuss.