Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Link doesn't have time for any hooded old man. He knows where this goes.

More news on the game:

"Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles," producer Eiji Aonuma told Polygon. "Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that's an option totally up to the user."
    When asked, Aonuma confirmed that a player could go directly to the final boss of the game from its opening moments if they wanted. However, he also stressed that he didn't view this as an ideal way to play.
    "Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there's two possibilities," Aonuma said. "Either they're a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that's a little bit crazy. But it's not impossible. I created the game like that.
    http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/...he-wild-ending

That's amazing. There's going to be so much game cred running around to anyone who manages to do this and succeed.
    Speed runners are going to have a blast with this game.

See, there are some problems with taking Ganon on immediately. Such as, say, weapon durability. It won't do you a lot of good to go straight to Ganon and have your sword break before he's even 1/4 of the way dead.

There's also the damage factor. A stronger weapon will take longer to collect, but will tear the final boss's health down faster.

So, the game is going to have a huge degree of routing to optimize these trade offs. Getting through the game in as short of a time as possible is going to involve a lot of wacky paths and trial and error, and I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the results.

Also, for a part of the conversation that was dropped earlier:
    Ganon is the manifestation of the Demon King Demise's hatred. As long as Demise survives (he's currently trapped in the Master Sword), Ganon will keep being reborn.

Impa was cursed to be reborn to eternally serve Zelda, as a curse by Demise for how Impa helped foil his plans.

Link and Zelda are reborn as a blessing by Hylia to counteract Ganon's eternal recurrence and give hope to Hyrule.

Here, have a Let's Play:

The shrines are apparently all completed in the demo. Normally, there's some more stuff at the end.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 06-16-2016 at 05:30 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

To give you an idea of how big the game's world is, here's a map of the Great Plateau which the E3 demo was based around:

http://i.imgur.com/esPyfvh.png

Here's that same map in comparison to the world:

http://i.imgur.com/J4tUUGy.jpg

The demo basically covers 1% of the overall game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    To give you an idea of how big the game's world is, here's a map of the Great Plateau which the E3 demo was based around:

http://i.imgur.com/esPyfvh.png

Here's that same map in comparison to the world:

http://i.imgur.com/J4tUUGy.jpg

The demo basically covers 1% of the overall game.
    Yeah, I heard they said the map was slightly smaller than Xenoblade Chronicles X's world map.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm wondering if we'll see any of the other traditional tools in this series like the boomerang and hookshot? The producer said the climbing mechanic will allow you to sequence break the hell out of this game so I can see how some items may go, but I wonder if we'll see any special items or if this game is just going to drop them with the Book being the only tool, though obviously a multi-faceted one?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

nah, they will 1 up TP and give you... A TRIPLE HOOKSHOT!!!

Hookshot4life

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'd really love for this game to be an end-of-the-timeline game. The very last game that can happen for that timeline. I think that'd be so cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm wondering if we'll see any of the other traditional tools in this series like the boomerang and hookshot? The producer said the climbing mechanic will allow you to sequence break the hell out of this game so I can see how some items may go, but I wonder if we'll see any special items or if this game is just going to drop them with the Book being the only tool, though obviously a multi-faceted one?
    What Book are you talking about?

We did see fire arrows, a glider, and bomb for other tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post

The Sheikah Slate. It's a tablet that hangs at Link's side, and it allows him to manipulate the world some. It gives him the "Magnesis" power, which lets him control and manipulate metal objects as we see in the video. It also serves as his world map, and will likely replace the traditional dungeon maps the series has used before. Given that bombs seem to be a time based, recharging tool that are made of glowing light, it may be responsible for generating them as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'd really love for this game to be an end-of-the-timeline game. The very last game that can happen for that timeline. I think that'd be so cool.
    And appropriate seeing that so far the game looks like a love note to everything that came before it with all the different elements we've seen. It's like they rolled all the old games together and made a new entry out of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post

The Sheikah Slate. It's a tablet that hangs at Link's side, and it allows him to manipulate the world some. It gives him the "Magnesis" power, which lets him control and manipulate metal objects as we see in the video. It also serves as his world map, and will likely replace the traditional dungeon maps the series has used before. Given that bombs seem to be a time based, recharging tool that are made of glowing light, it may be responsible for generating them as well.
    How do you feel about the sci-fi integration in this game?
    Would you like to see a full sci-fi Zelda?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not too bothered by the Sci-Fi elements, considering they've been kind of popping up since Twilight Princess (visually at least) I'm getting used to them. Not sure how I would feel about a Sci-Fi Zelda, it would probably come down to how it was presented and done.

I think I may have met the first person tonight who is not excited about this game, in fact when we discussed it, he learned that two mechanics from SS were coming back and flipped out, saying he wasn't probably going to give a pass on it. Apparently the Stamina Gauge and Breakable weapons/shield/item mechanic is what made Skyward Sword so awful, and this game returning those elements are terrible because "everyone hated those mechanics". So yeah...

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not too bothered by the Sci-Fi elements, considering they've been kind of popping up since Twilight Princess (visually at least) I'm getting used to them. Not sure how I would feel about a Sci-Fi Zelda, it would probably come down to how it was presented and done.
    Likewise. On paper it sounds like a horrible idea given Zelda's history, but if the execution was flawless and managed to maintain the Zelda spirit like this game has despite all the new elements being introduced, I would have no issue with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Skyward Sword already had sci-fi elements, and they worked well. I'm never really bothered by these things. Hell, the more you mix stuff up, the more original it is. Heck, the last time I was bothered about that was FFVII and I was like 11, so I quickly grew out of that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Saw this on another site and had to share: