Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Articles
    Blog Entries

So I suppose you could say the missing hero timeline is the 'original one', directly following on from the events of OoT's timeline.

That does go a long way in helping me, thanks!

There is a bit of a logical problem with that though. Let's assume this whole multiversal stuff - which does not work - works, it would only be correctly splitting if Zelda always meets Present Link but in one event meets also Future Link and in the other one not. She would definitely have to meet both on one timeline otherwise the necessary logical circuit would be missing a Present Link who has not done anything yet (and no, his Future Self is not the "Present Link" I am talking about).
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-14-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So I went and took a photo of my Hyrule Historia for you (basically the English version of what Wolf posted)

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

To try and explain it to you Formy, though Wolf's explanation was pretty good.

Ocarina of Time
    - You start out as child Link, throughout your adventures you learn of Ganondorf's plot and work to obtain the Master Sword to defeat him
    - However, you're too young to wield the Master Sword so you are "trapped" within the Sacred Realm, for 7 years, until you become an adult, during which time Ganondorf has executed his plot and bad stuff happens.
    - As an adult, you beat Ganon, yay (or you fail, and the other branch of the timeline happens)
    - Zelda then sends you back in time so you can relive your lost childhood and warn her younger self of Ganondorf's scheme

As a result, the adult timeline no longer has a Link (as he's been sent back in time, he doesn't exist in both timelines simultaneously). The child timeline doesn't play out the same way it would've done, as you pre-emptively thwart Ganondorf's scheme. Thus the divergence.

Best thing is Link cannot actually cause the Majora's Mask timeline to exist the way they try to show it at the end of the game because when he wakes up he is locked in a Master Sword chamber that is not yet open. So the scene where Future Link meets Zelda is total bollocks. He would have to wait for his young Self to open it and oh my, that would be a scene.

But as I always say. In fiction only the intention that something happens and the wish that something happens count. If they say it is, it is.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You can summon TP Wolf Link using the Wolf Link amiibo to fight alongside you. That's pretty cool.

Looks like there aren't going to be towns, just villages due to the decline of Hyrule. Which makes sense to me. Not sure what people were expecting in that regard, or why they're getting mad. Makes perfect sense for the narrative. But oh well.

Actually, scratch that. That hasn't been confirmed since villages kinda are towns.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wait so I missed it, where does it place this game in the timeline then?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wait so I missed it, where does it place this game in the timeline then?
    They did not mention it but the creators said like 2 months ago that apart from reusing the Midna & Link Amiibo you probably want to replay TP before playing this game as well as recognize stuff while playing the new one. So it is most likely before or after TP - that was not said though so how much it is connected to TP is purely speculative for us right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, they didn't give anything on timeline or the story (they didn't want to spoil it for this reveal) they mainly just focus on gameplay, which is some of the most creative I've seen in a while. But there's a lot of speculation where it fits in the timeline, which is fun to read.

If the want to bring in a bit of sense with the Wolf Link partner they are gonna make BotW after TP. Kinda like Wolf Link being the manifested consciousness of TP Link like shiny Wolf Link was the manifested consciousness of OOT & MM Link.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The cooking options are also pretty fleshed out. You can also have failed cooking experiments.

Also, random field bosses are a thing.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

This and FF XV have Cooking aspects.

People are starting to agree with me that we need more cooking mama-esque features

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Old man is new owl.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought Twilight Princess was in the 'yay, we defeated Ganon!' storyline. Why would Hyrule be in decline?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I thought Twilight Princess was in the 'yay, we defeated Ganon!' storyline. Why would Hyrule be in decline?
    Twilight Princess is on the Child Timeline and that one got also pretty dark. Especially because the Twilight started to corrupt everything after Zant betrayed Midna. That is the story of TP.

And of course whatever might have happened before or afterwards in gaps that no game is mentioned for there can always be new dark stuff written. So stuff after Twilight Princess for example could easily be written as new dark era. They always have their story why that and that part of the timelines is a pretty sad one.

And Hyrule gets a bad card on ALL Timelines. On the Adult Timeline it gets flooded.