Thread: E3 2016: Final Fantasy XV Regalia Type-F Gameplay Video

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Post E3 2016: Final Fantasy XV Regalia Type-F Gameplay Video

Final Fantasy XV has been getting a lot of attention at this year's E3 and today we take another look at the game's airship. The game's airship was first revealed at the Uncovered event back in March, very briefly at the end of a trailer. Now, we have an extensive look at this transforming, flying car.

What's notable about this car is that it's different from the Regalia that's been shown in all the other videos. The carship has a more rounded build with sharp edges. Either the Regalia will be upgraded to fly through the game's campaign (likely by Cid) or the player will obtain a new version of the Regalia through the journey. We can see that the transition from ground to air is seamless and that the Regalia has parts that extends further when going airborne. The flight speed doesn't seem as fast compared to other FF games, but the other games were on a world map where the airship was larger than many structures on the map while this game has a more realistic scale by being open world.

Cruising through the skies looks to be peaceful and reminds me of flying in the Grand Theft Auto games. As shown in the video, landing the Regalia seems to be a bit tricky and revealed by Tabata, you can actually cause a Game Over by not landing properly. It remains to be seen if there are any areas you can access only by the carship.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As shown in the video, landing the Regalia seems to be a bit tricky and revealed by Tabata, you can actually cause a Game Over by not landing properly.
    I can already see the YouTube montages of people crashing and dying from this thing xD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

The video isn't working.

Is there air(car)ship music?

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    The video isn't working.

Is there air(car)ship music?
    No.

I get the feeling it's been specifically disabled so you can enjoy all the carship sfx though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hope you can change the view, the car seems to obscure about half the screen and it would be nice to see the scenery a bit better.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Wow! It's really real! It's an airship, controlled by the player, flying around over a world map! It feels...like a Final Fantasy game!
    I like Kung-Fu.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Looks cool. I hope it is easy to control. I'm a little concerned that it behaves like a plane in that it must keep going forward to stay airborne. That may make it difficult to land in a precise location.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum