View Poll Results: Are you affected by hayfever?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very badly!

4 23.53%
  • Yes, but only mildly

1 5.88%
  • Yes, I didn't before but now i have it

3 17.65%
  • No, I used to have it but not anymore

1 5.88%
  • No, I never have

4 23.53%
  • No, but I have dust or other allergies that affects my nose

4 23.53%

Thread: Do you have Hayfever?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Do you have Hayfever?

For those who have it badly, having hayfever in summer is fighting a pitched battle with your nose; a battle you are hopelessly losing. Pocket tissues, napkins, anything to hand become frontline soldiers in battle, suffering many casualties.

Indeed, with hayfever, the very air is your poison. Your eyes go puffy, your nose flares up... it isn't pretty.

With summer in full swing across the Northern Hemisphere, do you suffer from hayfever? Do you try to treat it with various medicines, or just shut-in and bunker up inside the house for all of summer?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Been suffering horribly all day, my eyes are itching and raw as I write this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, never had hay fever. I got a crap ton of other stuff I'm allergic to, but the air alone isn't enough to get me.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My hayfever is pretty damn severe. In fact, it requires prescriptions for the strongest anti-histamines available, there's a tablet of the same chemical in a higher dosage but it's actually not safe for every day consumption, it's use is limited to hospitals and the most severe reactions possible from what I can tell.

I also have the strongest nasal spray on the prescription circuit and even then, I still rely on eye drops from time to time.

Still beats the overdose of anti-histamines I had to take all the time prior to this. My GP is still surprised I did not box my kidneys and liver in doing that.

Blog Entries

No.

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    No.
    Same. I remember one year my brother was affected REALLY badly. His nose was red all over and running constantly, and his eyeballs swelled up. He looked pretty funny, truth be told.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to get it pretty bad when I was a kid, but now it's rare I'll have a bad bout of hayfever. At most I may get a string of sneezes and be mildly stuffy for a part of the day.

Blog Entries

I didn't use to but now I do, the first time it happened I was really confused as to why my cold wasn't getting better.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sure do! Chronic seasonal allergies for about half the year. I use daily medication for it from spring until well into autumn, and even then I'm sometimes reduced to a dripping snotty mess anyway.

Cetirizine or loratadine can help. Staying well hydrated is a good trick too. Sometimes I have to resort to stronger decongestants, though - Otrivin, Codral, that kind of thing.

My allergies usually start in the winter. And the dryness never helps. It's like cleaning icicles of water.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't have it for thirty years, and this year I did somehow :O itchy eyes man.. *scratches*
    rawr

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I didn't have it for thirty years, and this year I did somehow :O itchy eyes man.. *scratches*
    I grew up around cats, and they never triggered my allergies. Now that I've been in cat-free houses for a few years, though, I've lost that immunity and cat hair can set me off.

I don't go out of my way to avoid cats, however - a few sniffles are a small price to pay for cat company.

Never had it before...then we moved to the South. I typically get the drippy throat and itchy eyes. Feels bad, yo.