Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Do you like FFII?

This game is almost the black sheep of the main titled series, depending on who you ask, whereas others love it! What were your thoughts?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

its my 6th favourite. so yep i like it

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

IT'S SO GOOD it's my third favorite FF. After FFTA and FFX.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Some of you have come to believe that I like FFII. I wish to dash these rumors! I do not like FFII.

I. Love. FFII.

Through my life I have discovered so many forms of twos.

You get up in the morning, enter your troutty bathroom, sit down on the pot and release the remains of last night's supper that was making your stomach growl.

Number two.

You make it to your living room to discover that your twins have already wrecked the sofa, knocked over the shelves, and got into the fridge releasing milk cartons onto the floor leaving a mess that you have to clean up because your spouse already went to work.

Terrible twos.

You rue the day you ever had that night in Venice Beach with your spouse wishing you had used protection, and then you remember that your partner is just as much to blame, if not more so, than you.

Two to tango.

You get online to your favorite forum to rant about it, and the site lags on loading, so you go to refresh to find that you accidentally made the same post twice without meaning to only furthering to the frustration of what has been a troutty morning.

Posting in twos.

You finally send the kids off to school, and pull up Netflix to watch the long awaited return of Sherlock after airing on the BBC only to find that BBC didn't renew their damn subscription with Netflix!

Season twos.

What I am telling you, my fellow EoFFers, is that I am a purveyor of twos. And with your help over the years we have finally reached our true goal.

You see, I want a simple two. No number twos, no terrible twos, no tango twos, no posting in twos, and certainly no Sherlock Holmes season two! Blue balled for two smurfing years...

What I want is a two that only we can bring. A true two. An Eyes On two! The sequel we've all been waiting for!

I WANT EOFF WRESTLING FEDERATION II!!!!!!!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can see the flaws in II, it's not the best game ever or even the best FF.

But it's still a really hugely fun game that I enjoyed immensely during my recent efforts to play through all the main FFs (which I need to get back to lol).

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm very MEH toward it. It's the only main numbered game I haven't beaten and I've started it a few times now. I've just never found the motivation to finish it.

Yeah I like FF II ! It has a great story-line for it's time.

FF II also has fantastic characters like Firion, Maria and Minwu, and fantastic villains like The Emperor.

Banned

My main complaint with this game is that the leveling system felt really broken and unfinished in some aspects, and this could often lead to unnecessary problems.
    Consider the boss battle against R.Soul in Kashuon, for example - the only way to damage this boss is by attacking him with weapons, and at this point in the game your weapon accuracy still kinda sucks, which means that a lot of your attacks will be "Ineffective".
    It would've been a lot more interesting if the boss just kept using spells and this indicated a possible weakness - you know, like the boss battle against Magus in Chrono Trigger.
    So if R.Soul used Fire8 then he would be weak to Ice, and so on;
    this would also give you a reason to level up as many elemental spells as possible, and it would also be nice if you had access to a couple elemental weapons at that point as well for a similar reason.