Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst. Meal. Ever.

Default Worst. Meal. Ever.

So, you're eating out at a restaurant. You order something that seems nice. Then, you get round to eating it, and discover it's a steaming pile of smurfing grossness.

Or, maybe you're round a friend's house, and they've cooked dinner for you. But it's BAD. Really, really bad. And you can't bring yourself to tell them, because they told you they worked really hard on it. Or maybe you just come out and tell them that it's pure garbage fit only for woodlice. Oh, look, they're breaking down in tears. See what you've done, you meanie?

Tell me your stories about bad culinary experiences. I feed on the negativity of others.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Ghoulash or whatever its spelt.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Ghoulash or whatever its spelt.
    What we silly Americans call goulash is pretty great, so I have to assume you're referring to that nasty looking soupy stuff.

The worst meal I've ever had was when I ate at a local pizza chain called Massey's here in Ohio. It tasted like they substituted marinara sauce with Campbell's tomato soup.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I keep reading the title as worst metal ever and in just like, "cesium is pretty bad."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Went to IHOP once and ordered the stuffed french toast or whatever it's called. It was rock hard. I kid you not, I couldn't get my fork in it.

I let the staff know and they acted like I was the one with the problem.

Blog Entries

Any meal I've ever disliked has been of my own creation
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Any meal I've ever disliked has been of my own creation
    You beat me to it. I clicked on this thread just to say the exact same thing.
    I'm currently consuming a horrid abomination of a sandwich pieced together from scraps of leftovers. And when I say "pieced together from scraps," I mean "this sandwich figuratively looks like it's the result of some preliminary experimentation that Dr. Frankenstein toyed around with before creating his monster."

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Worst meal I've had? I've had a few contenders. Now, the main thing that counts on this list for me is "was it bad enough that I refused to eat the dish?" if it was

Went to Pizza Hut with my then fiancé and ordered a plain cheese and tomato pizza, the waitress tempted us with the golden stuffed crust option. The starters had been served both cold, and yet burnt. The pizza that followed had been so badly prepared by the kitchen staff that they had smothered the pizza in so much cheese that the surface was a perfect mirror of hot grease. I could literally see the full sky. When we looked at how the other pizzas coming out of the kitchen were, it was clear it was sub standard. Biting in to it and finding the pizza base was also cold and there was a piece of what I would certainly call ham in what was supposed to be a vegetarian pizza (I was veggie at the time and my ex-fiancé was a stalwart of the vegetarian persuasion for over a decade) was the final straw. I refused to eat it and insisted on the manager waiving the entire order as free.

Bella Italia in the Shaftesbury Ave area of London, went in and ordered chilli prawn pasta with tomato sauce. The dish came out and was so full of pepper it was like being hit with a mace spray. The prawns were over cooked and had become rubbery. The sauce was not only inedible because of the sheer volume of it which was cayenne pepper was thin, watery and essentially looked like the chef had spilled the cayenne pepper then tried to cover his error by watering the sauce down. It went back to the kitchens and I refused payment.

A Wetherspoons in North London once tried to serve me a burger and chips, the bar staff bringing it over nearly dropped the entire thing and caught it by squashing my burger with his not particularly clean hand and spilled a good portion of my friends soup on to it. He wanted to only replace the chips. I refused the offer and made his manager replace the whole order both soup and burgers and provide an additional drink for both of us for free based on the inconvenience and arrogance of her staff member. I believe she said something about recouping the cost from his pay.

Street meat in Oxford Circus when drunk, normally I'm pretty wasted when I buy street meat at 3am and frankly don't care much for whether it's likely to smurf my stomach up or not. I took umbrage when the guy selling me a street meat hot dog sneezed on it. I asked for a refund and walked away. Still wish I had my street meat that night. The hangover was brutal.

Now for a bonus this is the worst:

School dinners when in Year 10, I, ordered a turkey burger from the canteen. When I bit in to it, I discovered that the burger was still frozen in the middle and had ice crystals inside it. I got in trouble for spitting it out. I somehow figured spitting it was a better alternative to shockingly bad food poisoning. My school canteen was shut down for 2 weeks after that as there was approximately 30 cases of dodgy stomachs after that.

In terms of things I thought I would enjoy but just didn't? Tesco does a lovely looking Sweet Potato Spinach And Feta Filo pie. It looks gorgeous, it really does. It tastes smurfing awful.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Went to a restaurant that had a baked carbonara and what I got was essentially noodle soup in cream. Nasty.....

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Went to a restaurant and ordered Chicken Alfredo. There were Lima Beans in it.

Also spinach and blueberry "brownies" The taste was shockingly fine, but the texture was just so wrong.

Blog Entries

Every time someone presents me with a stake that is "rare". I feel sick, just thinking about it.

Perfect_Entrecote_(2454655127).jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually don't remember the last bad meal I had, so I probably haven't ate anything yet that was so terrible it left a lasting impression on me.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Every time someone presents me with a stake that is "rare". I feel sick, just thinking about it.

Perfect_Entrecote_(2454655127).jpg
    Chris, if you say next you have to have your steak "Well done" I will have to launch an official referendum on if you should be banned for heretical notions.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Wife made chicken frickasee (dunno if that's how it is spelled), but it was so bad she told me I could order a pizza.

Blog Entries

So when Mirage and I were in Berlin we ended up at this very touristy pirate themed restaurant by the wall. We got a Hawaiian pizza there and never in my life have I ever seen anyone smurf up pizza so badly. Later on we pointed out places that don't even serve pizza that could do pizza better than this place did...