Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if we had our own video game studio?

I am currently developing an android app RPG.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I would inject humour into the script so it isn't too serious.

Bubba - Funniest Member - Winter Ciddies 2015.
    Depending how we apply the humor into the script to alter what's already there we could potentially enrich the overall script of the game improving upon its foundation and adding to it instead of taking anything away and losing the essence of the original idea. Thus avoiding the dangers of self parody.

Ayen - Smartest Member - Winter Ciddies 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Ooh. What's it about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

Ooh. What's it about?
    I cannot tell you too much but it is an RPG working with a concept of two worlds existing parallel. One is logical earth, the other one is a typical fantasy-world. The main character is confronted with this truth. It is basically a short RPG, supposed to be only a few hours long but the story and character design was the first thing I did when I started making the game. After that, with having the "soul", I worked together with the others on making the game's "shell".

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

Ooh. What's it about?
    I cannot tell you too much but it is an RPG working with a concept of two worlds existing parallel. One is logical earth, the other one is a typical fantasy-world. The main character is confronted with this truth. It is basically a short RPG, supposed to be only a few hours long but the story and character design was the first thing I did when I started making the game. After that, with having the "soul", I worked together with the others on making the game's "shell".
    Two worlds existing side by side changing how we see the known universe. The next step would be to compare and contrast them. What makes them different, what makes them the same, how they compliment each other, or do they at all and they're entirely different with no comparison. Then you're faced with another question. Is the logical earth truly logical or is it fantasy? Is the fantasy world fantasy? Or logical? How do you define and demonstrate what's logical and what's fantasy? How can you implement these ideas with the limitations of the technology you're using? What are the limitations of an android app?

Logical and surreal by our definitions. The surreal world does follow its own logic indeed but by our definition it is logically not consistent. Just what a fantasy world is. That is because our world in my game is described as the "logical" one as both worlds are made of physical and spiritual matter but ours consists more of physical one while the spiritual concentration in the other one is way higher. It is a yin yang co-existence. They are both real, the are both corporeal but the substance is different. Actually this difference plays an important role in why the story happens in the first place. The limitations of the android app play no actual role for me. I can still tell the story and show the kind of old-school 2D RPG I want. Surely having the desire of making a 3D PS4 scale RPG would cause its problems for the app but let's just say - that is my wish for other stories.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I look forward to seeing the results of your game.