Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Chart - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I got Platinum on 2 & 3. I should probably get the other two someday... but... so many games, so little time.

This has been a great read thus far. Keep it up, Formy!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow, we go exploring a castle! Stay tuned and get your sturdy boots while we kill even more bad guys and hunt even more phat loot. It's like Borderlands but without the health bar.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ugh, well, the internet crept to a marvellously slow 0.1 mbps for a few hours today, so Chapter Five is delayed until tomorrow. Sorry!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Uncharted Formy's Fortune Shortened.jpg

Previously on Formy's Fortune...

Fighting. Oh my goodness so much fighting. A spot of climbing there, a dash of treasure-collecting here. But mostly fighting. Pretty much the only story-related event of note was chancing upon a castle where Elena unfortunately landed herself into the viper's nest. Looks like we're going to have to scale that thing!

Chapter V
    The Fortress

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160705194606_1.jpg
    Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713121914.jpg
    Compared to what I've seen you do in 2 and 3, this'll be a breeze

I mean, it is a looooong way down. But at least the view is something else, right? This also provides the first real climbing challenge of the game, and I really had to utilise several skills learnt in the previous chapters to make headway. I remember watching Mr. Carny attempt this section, who struggled with the rope swings.

I was hoping to take some photos worthy of featuring in Mountaineering Monthly, or maybe at least for Mountain Warehouse. Unfortunately, a fixed camera angle makes it impossible to manipulate the camera. So you're just going to trust that Nate is looking badass, even when holding on to dear life.

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713122313.jpg
    Nate's that tiny speck in the centre of frame

Well, scratch that, because the next section does allow to move the camera in photo mode.

After indulging in my inner pretentious side, we bust throw a window like a boss and head into combat once more. Fairly simple, this. In the interest of balance, here's a photo of Drake headbutting the floor.

I also get something called a Strange Relic, which I think is based off of something. I think. Looks weird.

Nate carries on, killing more enemies. There's a nice looking turret which fires in the most predictable pattern ever, making it very easy for Nate, who later finds Elena's parachute. We then see Elena... roaming around a pirate infested castle as if she was filming for a cheesy documentary for the History channel.

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713132733.jpg
    Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713132952.jpg

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713132959.jpg
    "Aliens."

Nate's dodgy foreign language skills gets him into trouble, which can often happen to the unwary tourist. Unlike most of those situations however, this one can be easily solved by shooting things repeatedly. We also explodify a truck, because blowing things up can be fun and character building.

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713133016.jpg
    "Where's that copy of Lonely Planet when I need it most!"

Those goons we killed opened a gate to get to us. Let's go see where it leads!

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713133637.jpg
    "Crap."

It leads straight into a turret. Mercifully, the turret guy left some explosive barrels near him, almost as if he wanted to die in a horrific, fiery end.

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713134148.jpg

A bit later, we enter a smurfing pillar room with questionable cover and enemies that love to sneak up on you and attack from all sides. It does provide some good photo opportunities though, so I guess I can't be mad.

Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713134828.jpg
    Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160713134935.jpg

After two 'I'm nearly dead retries', we just about manage to make it to the water puzzle. I'm getting Zelda vibes here for some reason. Though honestly, it's barely a puzzle. Just turning some crank handles to raise the water level. Which leads us to a room, signalling the start of the next chapter!

Next time, The Fortress: Part Two! I'll be merging Chapters Six and Seven together, so stay tuned for a bumper crop of zany hijinks!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man... the infamous 'Blue Room of Death'. Trying that bad boy on a higher difficulty is just... horrible. Honestly, that room almost puts me off playing the game again. Too many bad memories!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Oh man... the infamous 'Blue Room of Death'. Trying that bad boy on a higher difficulty is just... horrible. Honestly, that room almost puts me off playing the game again. Too many bad memories!
    Yeah, that room is awful. The worst part is after you drop down, you're relatively encamped and safe until enemies appear behind you from where you dropped down. Ugh. I didn't die, but my health turned grey enough for me to retry.

You may have noticed my signature changing as I reach a new location. I'm really liking the photo mode.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Those Strange Relics are a nod to one of Naughty Dog's other big franchises. It's just to make Naughty Dog fans smile because you spent the game collecting them, and now you do kinda the same thing in Uncharted.

They're called Precursor Orbs (everyone calls 'em precursor eggs), and they're from Jak and Daxter.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Having just moved house, there is no available wi-fi until the 27th, but I do get some internet connection if I'm out and about. I plan to get chapter six and seven up either today or tomorrow!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looking forward to it

It is well past the 27th.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Apologies! But the Internet hasn't been connected to the apartment yet (it is as annoying as it sounds). Engineers were meant to arrive on the 27th... and never arrived.

From the looks of it, it'll probably the goddamned 16th. I am very​ sorry.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No probs, man! No internet must be an absolute nightmare.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    No probs, man! No internet must be an absolute nightmare.
    It really is.

It's fine. I was only joshin' ya.