Thread: The Most Good...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Most Good...

So we've had discussions about the most evil characters in the FF series, but who would you say is the most good?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's a good question!

Everyone I think of has some unsavoury elements to their character. Interesting to see what everyone thinks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd hate to answer a question with a question, but first we have to determine what we mean by 'good' before we can offer examples. I'll go with Google's definitions of the word:

to be desired or approved of.
    This can fit a lot of characters in FF. Especially the more charismatic ones like Zidane.

having the qualities required for a particular role.
    This is all of them. To narrow it down you have to go through their qualities, and possibly, how they fulfilled their desired role the best out of the comparisons.

that which is morally right; righteousness.
    This could be applied to Yuna, or Aerith, or hell, I'll give the XIII fans the olive branch and concede this could even fit Snow. Snow's motivations are about being a hero, and a hero need morals to assess what's the right thing to do is. Just the fact I can even argue in favor of Snow despite all his critics show how much we can twist perception when we really want to.

benefit or advantage to someone or something.
    This has as many variables as the second. Like Tidus. He was pretty important in helping offering an objective viewpoint on preexisting conditions within the minds of the Spirans, at least when it came to Yuna during their conversation when he asked all those questions.

well.
    All right, Google, now you're just being a bitch.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say Ramza. He's easily the most selfless of the FF protagonists, IMO. Also, Basch. That's kind of a given with atoners.

I'd say Cecil from IV. He's kind and compassionate to everyone. He had his struggles, but he was able to overcome them and become a better person than he was before.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'll have to say Ramza and Selphie.

Like Fynn said, he's super selfless.

Selphie is stupid innocent and nice.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yuna

Like, she was gonna die and was okay with that.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aerith, for me. Nearly every other main character in FFVII has some element of sketchy, dubious or hate-driven behaviour in their backstory: the Avalanche crew are straight-up eco-terrorists, Nanaki's a misanthrope with daddy issues, Yuffie's a thief, and so on.

In FFVIII, almost the entire main cast are teenage mercenaries who'll fight and kill anyone for money without a second thought. Quite scary people underneath.

Zidane Tribal claims that you "don't need a reason to help people", but he's also an unrepentant violent criminal who's been robbing innocent strangers at knife-point since he was a kid, and a pretty disgusting classist womaniser too.

I could go on, but suffice to say that Aerith manages to come out on top in terms of her motivations and deeds.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I vote Minwu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

To be desired or approved of. Having the qualities required for a particular role. That which is morally right; righteousness. Benefit or advantage to someone or something. Well.

Having the qualities to be desired for a particular role which is morally right.

That which benefit someone to be well.

That which is morally right for a particular role.

That which is well.

That which is right.

Morally right.

Having the qualities to be desired for the benefit of someone or something.

Sexy.

Good is sexy.

Fascinating.

Cecil, Aerith and Yuna. They are really compassionate and have a great heart. They're ready to do anything for other people.

Zidane was a pretty hardcore Disney thief. Like Disney pirates, they don't actually hurt people when they rob them and even robbery is often treated like it's okay. Like, literally, the one shady thing he does, Garnet wanted to be abducted. And the anecdote he tells her in Dali, he mentions that the person whose house he was robbing knew he and Tantalus were there an was cool with it.