Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for a first time drinker

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Are you still completely off soda? If so, you'll probably want to avoid most mixed drinks. They tend to involve something soda-y or really sugary. Do you prefer sweet/fruity or crisp/tart/refreshing?
    Yeah, I still mostly just stick to water. As for your last question, uh... I have no idea.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Just smell the wine first. If it smells like vinegar, then toss it.

To clarify foa's question, would you prefer something like fruit punch or an apple?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Fruit punch.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering the Drunk Thread, I'm assuming you made your move.

Now the world is curious. What has Ayen consumed?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would probably have suggested something pretty neutral considering your penchant for water and not a lot of Soda.

Gin and Cranberry is good (can bury a double at the least in cranberry juice and won't taste it, stick to something like Gordon's or Bombay Sapphire for ease of obtaining and drinking).

Some stout can very much carry a coffee flavour, they're certainly not sweet or too gassy (Guinness doesn't taste that much like Coffee but if you can get it in America, a bit of Youngs "London Stout" is good and very strong coffee flavour).

light beer, add in a wedge of lime if it's something like Corona. If you don't have lime, use any citrus but for the love of god, put something in it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm curious as to why you don't drink soda. If it's anything to do with weight gain, I doubt any alcoholic beverage is going to be much better.

Try things until you find something that works for you. Drink responsibly.

Personally, I dislike the taste of alcohol in general, because I always get that distinct taste from the alcohol itself. Southern Comfort & Lemonade (That's Sprite for you lot in the USA) is the only non-extortionately-priced drink (ie certain cocktails) that I actually enjoy, because I can't taste that booziness in it. I'd suggest giving that a shot if you don't like the taste inherent in most alcoholic drinks.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Generally you don't drink alcoholic beverages nearly as often as you'd drink sodas, so it's usually fine to drink alcohol every now and then
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Woodchuck is a really good brand.
    The only good brand I'm on board with the Cider. It's all I drink. Woodchuck may be hard to find outside of the North East though since it's a small company here in VT. I couldn't even find any while we were at my moms camp in southern NH.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Generally you don't drink alcoholic beverages nearly as often as you'd drink sodas, so it's usually fine to drink alcohol every now and then
    That goes back to the point of why anyone would exclude an alcoholic beverage because it has soda as a mixer. Just seems like a silly reason to exclude the drinks most likely to be appreciated by a first time drinker.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to tell you that I would try beer before hard liquors. I wish I had done this because unspent a lot of money on a lot of bulltrout in my youth.

That being said, try Sierra Nevada's Kellerweis. It's a wheat beer and it's not fruit punchy, but it's kind of banana y

Signature by rubah. I think.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    That goes back to the point of why anyone would exclude an alcoholic beverage because it has soda as a mixer. Just seems like a silly reason to exclude the drinks most likely to be appreciated by a first time drinker.
    I think he's said, either somewhere else in the forums or told me outside of them or something, that he finds pop to be too sugary now since he's been off of it for some period of time. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong though. Who knows. He could have even explained it in this thread but damned if I'm going back to reread the whole thing. That'd require effort.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Woodchuck is a really good brand.
    The only good brand I'm on board with the Cider. It's all I drink. Woodchuck may be hard to find outside of the North East though since it's a small company here in VT. I couldn't even find any while we were at my moms camp in southern NH.
    Nope, they sell it all over the country, I believe. At the very least, I know for a fact that they sell it in Kansas City!
    It's all over the place in Florida too.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Long Island Iced Tea

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm going to let the fact I'm a youngin' show and recommend Redd's or Mike's.

Redd's has a nice cider taste but isn't very strong and is sweet without overpowering you. I like all varieties bit id recommend Red Apple or Strawberry to start.

Mike's is straight up lemonade and tastes exactly like you'd think. If you enjoy sweet things that's not a bad choice.

And if you basically want to drink liquid candy, Smirnoff Ice Green Apple. If I'm looking to party with inexperienced drinkers I'll bring it though it's often frowned upon. I like it okay but I also treat myself to a bag of candy a day.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Absinthe, absinthe, absinthe!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>