I don't know if you've ever heard of a little loan shark in the southeast US called Republic Finance. They're one of many scammers who send out fake cheques that are really loans. You can tell they're loans, because, where you endorse it, is a little bit of legal mumbo jumbo stating that endorsement of this cheque constitutes agreement to the attached terms and conditions, which are rather predatory, so if you think your financial situation is bad now, just cash this fake cheque and see how bad it can get.

As a result, I and everyone else I know just generally throw these in the rubbish...
Until today!

I got this really great idea to get free money and put a scammer out of business at the same time!
ScammingTheScammer.jpg
You see what I did? I used the same basic premise they did of using the completion of a financial transaction to constitute agreement to the terms and conditions. It's perfectly legal, and just as unconscionable (that's a legal term, look it up) as it was before, only now the tables have been turned.

Now, by honouring this cheque, they will be agreeing that it is a gift, not a loan. And the best part is, you can do this too! That's why I'm telling you. Because this is a win/win situation and perfectly legal. We can put these fake cheque scammers out of business and get free money AT THE SAME TIME!! Everybody wins two ways here! There are no losers.

So, the next time you get one of these fake cheque scams in the post, don't throw it out. Change the terms and conditions and then cash it.