Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Console

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Default Choosing a Console

XBox One or Playstation 4?

My brother and I have never owned an XBox console, and have owned every Playstation console up till, but recently since a lot of my friends play on Live rather PSN, I've been reconsidering the decision. At first, I thought the game would be released exclusively for PS4 at least for some time, and I was proven wrong. So I've come down to asking the best Final Fantasy fans, specifically for FFXV, what console should end up being the better buy? I'm looking to purchase and pre-order the game by my birthday, July 18. So hopefully, there's a clear winner

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, from the perspective of SE games at least, the PS4 seems to be the better choice. With I Am Setsuna, World of FF and FFXII all coming out only on Sony systems (and steam), it's safe to assume more SE exclusives will be coming out on the PS4.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

What kind of games do you prefer playing most?

Xbox will probably have a good share of FPS games and if your pals are all using the Xbone, then that is a reasonable consideration to sway you. If you're into single player games or you really enjoy multiplayer and have other friends on PS4, then the PS4 is a must-have for me. Most MS games will be on PC eventually anyway.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

yeah id say ps4 for your FF and other exclusive stuff.

But, and this reason i chose xbox, If your friends are on xbox and you enjoy mutual games then thatd be a good choice.

dont buy xbox for halo you will be smacked by 343

PS4. Almost all the games I love are on Playstation, so I don't have an Xbox One.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Well I think the game will run pretty much the same on both consoles (PS4 might have the slight edge) so really it's up to you. I have both but I'll be getting it on PS4. Maybe you should think of the wider picture - what do you think of the current and future lineup for both consoles? Personally the only reason I got an Xbox One was to play Rise of the Tomb Raider (which is coming to PS4 at some point) and Quantum Break. There's nothing else that has grabbed my attention so far, whereas on PS4 I'm looking forward to Horizon, Detroit and the new God of War. Also the FFVII Remake will be coming first to PS4, whenever that may be.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-06-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Blog Entries

PC :P

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

PS4 is basically in the same position Xbox 360 was in for the first half of the last gen; nearly every multiplat performs better.

I'd go for the PC version if a PC version were in the equation, and while I have no doubt a PC version will happen eventually I'm willing to bet it will be a minimum of eight months after the console versions are released before it's even announced.

So PS4 it is.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    PC :P
    This. I'm waiting for the PC release. It may be a little late, but I'm sure it's coming, and I doubt it will be more than a year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    PS4 is basically in the same position Xbox 360 was in for the first half of the last gen; nearly every multiplat performs better.

I'd go for the PC version if a PC version were in the equation, and while I have no doubt a PC version will happen eventually I'm willing to bet it will be a minimum of eight months after the console versions are released before it's even announced.

So PS4 it is.
    I bet it'll be at least 2 years before I buy this game anyways

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

2 years?! Good god, we've been waiting for a decade already - I couldn't go any longer!!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post

So PS4 it is.
    I bet it'll be at least 2 years before I buy this game anyways
    I envy your patience Bertykins. You get games so much cheaper than me.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Choose the system that will best suit you and your gaming taste. XV is going to play the same in both versions and the PS4 version might be a little prettier and smoother, but that won't mean much to you if you're into competitive play and all your buddies are over on Live having the time of their lives without you. I would also consider what else the system has to offer. My hesitation into jumping into the next generation is due to a lack of games on that "must play" list for any of the systems. You wouldn't want to pick one system only to find out its library is not up to par with your needs.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Honestly if all of your friends are on Live I'd get it an XBone. Especially with the upcoming "games anywhere" thing that allows you to play XBone titles on PC (if you have a decent enough PC) and your XBone with shared progress between both. Then you can have the best of both worlds.

If you don't plan on playing with your buddies often, or don't like the types of games they play, then get a PS4.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

FF15 and FF7 Remake are at the top of my gaming priorities. Although I love 2K, FIFA, Madden, and COD/Zombies online, my friends mostly play GTA5, Halo, Storm 4 (Naruto), and when it comes out -- DBZ Xenoverse 2 which I would play a lot (but doesn't come out until October, which is also when I'll probably be trying to max out FF15).

Out of all gaming experiences, I will definitely rank playing Final Fantasy with my brother at the top since we're both equally into it and both have input on different things we notice so it's as if we really get the full experience. Last summer was gameless. The summer before that was me maxing FFX while he maxes FF9. Summer of 2013 was Final Fantasy Tactics and Xenogears which were both amazing experiences as they are probably both top 5 stories of all time IMO. FF15 is going to a little bit funner I feel, because it has been some time where we've pulled all nighters together, and this time, the game is coming out a month after his wedding so it will be great.

In the end, when I'm talking to my friends about gaming, I feel like getting the One. Overall, with my brother and me having had the PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3 already kind of makes me want to stick with Playstation. I'm tilting towards the PS4, esp because the FF7 Remake might have the edge with Sony.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.