Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing a Console

I was a big fan of the original Xbox - I still have mine and it's still in semi-working condition. The 360, however, really disappointed me and turned me away from Microsoft consoles. I've owned two of them and both had problems with crashing (one had a problem with the disc tray and the other would overheat the hard drive and I would lose saves). I don't know much about the One but I recently watched a Zero Punctuation in which Yatzhee said there were similar problems. I've moved away from console gaming anyway, but when it comes to consoles I've mostly stuck with Sony since the PS3 days. Nevertheless I'm a bit unhappy with Sony's lack of support for the Vita, and this talk of an improved PS4 that will basically make my old one obsolete irritated me as well. I feel like for the most part the days of really worthwhile exclusives are over (except maybe for Zelda games)* - and if you have a decent PC most games end up on there - plus most indie games start out on PC.

I guess my advice is, if you don't want to wait for the PC version, I'd recommend the PS4.

*I realized after posting that that I'd forgotten Persona 5 is a good upcoming PS3/PS4 exclusive.
    Last edited by Vincent, Thunder God; 07-09-2016 at 09:34 PM.