View Poll Results: Which of these two heroines from FFVI is your personal favorite?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Celes

13 38.24%
  • Terra

15 44.12%
  • I'm not gonna choose!

6 17.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celes vs. Terra Showdown

Articles
    Blog Entries

This was INCREDIBLY hard for me, as I like Terra's character arc more, but I felt like Celes had more personality. Unlike Terra who's still trying to find herself, Celes knows exactly who she is and takes pride in her military career, even if she's grown to hate the nation she served.

I think the scene that really won me over was when she swindled Setzer with Edgar's coin. It gave me the impression that:
    A: She's great at reading people by appealing to Setzer's love of gambling (and cheating).
    B: She's interested enough in the lives of her comrades that she even knew about Edgar's coin, even if the player doesn't.

Terra always felt like her character existed in a vacuum to me, besides Locke and a couple interactions with Edgar and Celes, she didn't have a lot of interplay with the rest of the cast. In the end though, they're both great, and I love both of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Returners Represent!

Terra...but only barely. If you cut Celes from the game you'd do irreperable harm to it.

FF6 is a weird story. The end of the world basically hijacks the whole plot.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Completed the game for the first time very recently and thought the way it handled so many playable characters was superb. Celes and Terra are very different but I feel just as important to the story. A very tough call... hence I didn't make it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Completed the game for the first time very recently and thought the way it handled so many playable characters was superb. Celes and Terra are very different but I feel just as important to the story. A very tough call... hence I didn't make it.
    Oh. So you saw the part where celes gained super saiyan mode and caused the world of ruin not to happen? Probably not seeing as you need to solo atma weapon with Celes and not use any actions. Requires absurd hp though but its an epic scene
    it also brings leo back from the dead too

Default I love Celes!

Celes is my favorite female character in the entire series because:
    Firstly, she's strong both physically and mentally.
    Secondly, she'll do anything necessary even if she doesn't want to (like sing at an opera) how courageous of her!
    Lastly, she's clever, I love how she tricked Setzer into taking them to Vector by his airship.
    She's the driving force in reuniting the returners in WoR, so her role is really vital, especially in getting the 2 airships in the game.

Personally, there's nothing special about Terra as a character, she's like any other female protagonist in FF. She's likable though.