Thread: New Sun/Moon Trailer: IV Training!

Default New Sun/Moon Trailer: IV Training!

Several new Pokémon with some really nice Abilities, but perhaps most notable is the fact that you can now train IVs.

If you plug the Pikachu they use for Hyper Training into an IV calculator before they Hyper Train it, it's a Rash Nature, with the IVs of: 5, 10, 7, 17, 10, 9
    After Hyper Training, it's straight 31s.

So, no more soft resets waiting to get the right stats. No more breeding for ages and ages. IVs can now be boosted for any level 100 Pokémon. BOOYAKA!

GameFreak just did more to stop hacking than every legality checker they ever made.

New Abilities:
    Triage - Gives highest priority to healing moves. Wording on the site makes it seem like it might be higher priority than even Extremespeed.
    Stamina - Increases Defense by one level every time it takes a hit.
    Disguise - Negates an attack one time.
    Fluffy - Halves damage from moves that make contact, but double damage from Fire Type attacks.

Mimikyu is a Ghost/Fairy who hides from the light under a rag. Seeing how much love Pikachu gets, it painted the rag to look like Pikachu. This Pokedex info has made it the biggest fan favorite of Sun/Moon so far.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Several new Pokémon with some really nice Abilities, but perhaps most notable is the fact that you can now train IVs.

If you plug the Pikachu they use for Hyper Training into an IV calculator before they Hyper Train it, it's a Rash Nature, with the IVs of: 5, 10, 7, 17, 10, 9
    After Hyper Training, it's straight 31s.

So, no more soft resets waiting to get the right stats. No more breeding for ages and ages. IVs can now be boosted for any level 100 Pokémon. BOOYAKA!

GameFreak just did more to stop hacking than every legality checker they ever made.

New Abilities:
    Triage - Gives highest priority to healing moves. Wording on the site makes it seem like it might be higher priority than even Extremespeed.
    Stamina - Increases Defense by one level every time it takes a hit.
    Disguise - Negates an attack one time.
    Fluffy - Halves damage from moves that make contact, but double damage from Fire Type attacks.

Mimikyu is a Ghost/Fairy who hides from the light under a rag. Seeing how much love Pikachu gets, it painted the rag to look like Pikachu. This Pokedex info has made it the biggest fan favorite of Sun/Moon so far.
    Some of those abilities sound super powerful!

I'm liking Mimikyu, sounds rather cute. And I like now that IVs are trainable, though I wonder how many people spend months of their time breeding pokemon for ages and ages and saw the news and went "what have I been doing with my life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Some of those abilities sound super powerful!

I'm liking Mimikyu, sounds rather cute. And I like now that IVs are trainable, though I wonder how many people spend months of their time breeding pokemon for ages and ages and saw the news and went "what have I been doing with my life!"
    If you think Mimikyu is cute now, just Google for some fan art.

There is apparently going to be some sort of limit on Hyper Training, as there are a new capsule item required to use it. No information on how those are acquired. It may be as simple as getting Bags was for Super Training. Or it could be a Battle Maison reward or something. No clue yet. Either way, it's promising.

As someone who has bred for stats and done soft-resets for Legendaries, I don't really care about the wasted effort. This is very, very welcome.

Plus, my shinies will now be able to be competitively viable!

I just hope the training is fine-tuned enough to let us control Hidden Power Types.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Mimikyu is the cutest goddamned thing.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i think they should lay off showing the pokemon. we know a lot.. but there will be no surprises at this rate. course i could just not look....