4 44.44%

Thread: Help sharky decide....

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Default Help sharky decide....

So I have three games I'm currently playing. They are:

Rune Factory 4: Tides of Destiny
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Alien: Isolation

I'm about 75% done with Rune Factory, I'm only about 20% into Valkyria Chronicles, and I just barely tried Alien: Isolation.

I'm not particular on which one I concentrate on playing first, so I figured it'd be fun to let you folks decide.

I like Rune Factory quite a bit, and I'm almost done, but I'd been playing it non-stop and felt like taking a little break. It's been a few weeks, so maybe it's time for me to finish 'er up.

I'm enjoying Valkyria Chronicles, but not as much as I'd expected from the overwhelming love it gets. It'd decent, and I enjoy playing it, but I think it's having trouble living up to it's reputation.

Alien: Isolation looks like it will be Bioshock meets Resident Evil in space. A post-apocolyptic/societal collapse with survival horror themes. I've just barely tried it (I'm on the station now, and I just ran into Axel), but it's pretty fun. Plus I rarely every play games anymore when they're still considered new.

Which should it be?

EDIT: I should mention I'm not a fan of playing multiple games at once too much. I like to have one that I focus on.

EDIT 2: I keep calling it Rune Factory 4, but it's not. It's just Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. Apparently there is a Rune Facotry 4. I don't know why I can't call it the right name, but just to be clear, it's Tides of Destiny.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 03-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.

I'd go with Alien Isolation, if only because it looked spiffy in all of the LPs I've seen.

I vote Alien Isolation because I adore it, it's shorter, more intense, and a very good representation of the Alien universe. And if you enjoyed Dead Space one then it's extremely likely you'll enjoy Alien

Well, I suppose that's two votes for Isolation so far? Even though the poll says it's a tie.

Much views, much less votes. Fire away people, there's no wrong answer. I already like all three games.

I voted for Rune Factory 4. Because you should totally play RF4. And RF3. And the original. I guess you can play Tides of Destiny as well.

I could keep Alien Isolation running with enough stability to actually play the game, and I've never played Valkyria Chronicles.

I think the reason most people aren't tossing out ideas is that they don't really have an opinion one way or the other on these three games.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

finish the game you've almost finished already, dope

then move onto that alien game since thats the way others are leaning i guess

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would say Alien since it's not that long, the game is probably best digested in a few continuous playthroughs.

Valkyria Chronicles is a slow burn that slowly accumulates these great moments and themes that play with the World War II concept, as well as the SRPG format which it revolutionized. It's a good idea to play it alongside different games in a rotation.

Haven't played Rune Factory since the original but it sounds like you should just finish it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I voted Aliens because he seems to really be enjoying that one and I don't like it at all so I can play Style Savvy at the same time

Articles
    Blog Entries

I voted Rune Factory just for virtue of one-after-the-other.

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    finish the game you've almost finished already, dope

then move onto that alien game since thats the way others are leaning i guess
    I could do that, but I decided leaving it up to a random vote would be more fun.

Jerk.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Easy choice: Alien Isolation. Have fun dying brutal deaths.

RPG fan forum chooses only game not remotely an RPG.

All right gang. I shall complete them in the order selected!

Had a Final Fantasy game been on the list, there's little chance we'd have selected that too. One of the reasons I love this forum. The people are real people and not just fanatical fans

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

if i wasnt too late to the vote i wouldve vote alien isolation. maybe because out of those 3 its the only one i know anything about. and it got xenomorphs in it so yeah cool

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I heard good stuff about Alien Isolation. Then again, I might be biased since they say I look like a Xenomorph Queen so I would be supporting my own offspring.