View Poll Results: Do you need a new phone?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 33.33%
  • Nah I'm good

16 53.33%
  • Maybe

4 13.33%
  • I don't have a phone so there

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you need a new phone?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I have a Nexus 6P.

I have the HTC 9, or something like that. It's starting to show its age when running apps like pokemon go.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

nope !!

Blog Entries

Nah I'm good. Only had it a few months, but it's performing well (unlike the 5X I only had for a few months, which was so bad I was willing to take the Ł100+ depreciation hit selling it second hand just to get rid of it)

As someone who hops back and forth between iPhones and Androids now and again, currently on Android (Nexus 6P which is leaps and bounds better than its smaller brother) I was toying with the idea of another iPhone. Basically, I don't like being behind on versions of the core OS for a number of reasons (usually new things that get added that are part of the core like wifi calling, or bugs that get fixed) which means Nexus or iPhone are the only options for me. The Nexus choice right now is 5X (lag city, hated it) or 6P (which is about the size of Russia). Always liked the size of the iPhone 6 when I had it.

But I just couldn't stomach going back to "we can't implement that, Apple won't let us", little things like Do Not Disturb STILL not having weekend hours even in iOS 10, and arrogances like refusing to let you choose another default music player or browser. Android used to be the one that was catching up but you sacrificed the latest and greatest progress for lower cost and more freedom. Lately though it feels to me that iOS is the one playing catch-up, so going back you sacrifice the latest and greatest progress for higher cost, less freedom and now the loss of a headphone jack. Er... pass.

So no, I'm good. The iPhone 7 isn't looking like anything special at all to me, so I'll probably stick with the 6P for a couple of years then reevaluate.

Please note I do NOT want to turn this into a 'yah boo sucks' iOS vs Android fight like massive schoolchildren I appreciate both. At this moment in spacetime, Android seems ahead to me personally - your mileage (and needs) may vary.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think that I'll be good with my current phone for a long time to come. It's a Nexus 6 and I love it. Dr Unne gave it to me last year when he purchased himself a new phone. My previous phone was a little Samsung with a slider qwerty keyboard. It was okay for playing PAD, but the Nexus is so much better and faster. I'm quite happy with it. Thank you, Dr Unne.

Edit: I am mistaken. The smartphone previous to the Nexus that Dr Unne gave me was a brand that I can't even remember the name of. It was not very good. My qwerty Samsung was the one I had before that.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i have a Samsung Galaxy S1 so... yes i really really do

Blog Entries

Kind of yeah. But Hubs just got a new phone, so I can wait a few months.

My Acer Liquid Z4 is good enough for me when it comes to games, internet and other medias.
    Last edited by Zanmato; 08-15-2016 at 11:09 AM.

I have an iPhone 4S. It's relatively ancient (5 years old!), it's battery lasts about half an hour of steady use, it doesn't charge well or smoothly anymore, and it barely runs Pokémon Go.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I need to get an upgrade desperately. It's my own fault, I could probably just got an additional memory card and remove all my trout off this phone, but I'm too lazy. I get alerts daily that I'm near the end of my storage and my phone glitches on me profusely, but you make it work..

I have the iPhone 5 S.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think since I upgraded to the Galaxy S7 Edge in April, I'm pretty sorted for the next couple of years

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I got rid of my iPhone 6 for a 5 just two weeks ago as I found it ran things a touch smoother. However I will be looking to go to a 8 when it comes out.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    MIRAGE NEEDS ONE. Seriously, wifi and Bluetooth don't work and the screen is cracked to trout. I do not, I'm quite happy with mine
    i am fully capable of complaining about my phone on my own!

wifi and bt broke ages ago, at the same time too. The two things are probably in the same chip or something that got knocked loose in there. screen cracked recently. i have an insurance on it because i am clumsy af, and i've sent it in for servicing already.

They probably won't find it viable to repair it, as it would probably require replacing the system board as well as the screen, so I'm hoping they'll wire me some cash for me to buy a new one, or replace it with a similar model. Hopefully a better model. Even if it isn't a model I want, i could sell it as brand new to someone and use that money to get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Yes. I love my iPhone 6S plus but I stupidly got a 16G one and I have no room for ANYTHING! I've got 30 apps I can't update and I can't even take pictures any more. I've tried all the tricks (like downloading huge films which frees up more memory) but I'm still struggling. I need a computer/laptop to put all my pictures on.
    just get a memory card for it. it's got a memory card reader, like any decent phone does, right?

no but jokes aside, this is why i never even consider models without SD card readers, be it android or apple phones. Never know when your needs and usage patterns change in the future. Suddenly you might find yourself recording a lot more videos than you ever thought you would, for example. Personally, I have a pretty big spotify offline cache. That's got to be 10 gigs alone, and storing all that on my S4A's internal 16 gigs would have been pretty difficult. On the phone i'm borrowing right now it would have been impossible cause it's just got 8 gigs
    Last edited by Mirage; 08-20-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

How am I supposed to play Pokémon go ( everyday)
    Also it takes 5 mins to get to the home screen after pressing the home button . and its soo slow

DJ pon-3
    (Vinyl scratch)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i got a Galaxy note II straight from 'merica so it is made by a company thats also a pokemon. Virizion