Thread: Keep getting logged out

Default Keep getting logged out

I log into the site, go to the forums, try to open a thread and get the message that I'm not logged in. I'll log in, read the thread, try to reply or go back to the main page and I'll get the same message and have to log back in. I thought I was just going back too far to the log in page, but I'll be logged out trying to go from page 2 to page 3 in a thread.

Apologies for the insanely vague description! I can answer any questions if that helps. Thanks!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

When you log in tick the little box to stay logged in. That should solve your issue!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

After a certain amount of time the system will log someone out for inactivity if they don't do something. It's probably reaching that time while you read the thread. Clicking the stay logged in button is an option, or if you only access the internet at public sites, refreshing every so often, or copying a reply before trying to post it to make sure it's not lost to a log out is an option. If you are logged out, you could just paste the reply after logging back in.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think it's getting timed out because it can happen in under 15 seconds. I'm usually posting from mobile, so is the stay logged in box the same as remember me box? I only ask bc I don't see any other options on that screen.

Edit: checking the box seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!
    Last edited by 99513363; 07-07-2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Update

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cell phones sometimes cut in and out of their reception. It's not usually an issue but it can sometimes be frustrating. Glad the issue was sorted for you!