Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The World Ends With You (aka I can finally post in this forum)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As good as any Squenix game back then that didn't have Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts in the title, which is to say not a whole lot in terms of advertising. I think I only heard about it because it was the early days of the DS and it needed some non-Nintendo games to sell it one people.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I do think it would perform better, now that the market is better aware of non-FF or non-KH games; like Bravely Default for example. Heck, the rise in popularity of the Persona games wouldn't hurt TWEWY, given the slight similarities they share between them.

That and it probably made many video game reviewer's 'most wanted list' at some point down the line

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The controls vary, basically all of the Pins you use function differently and work through the various features of the DS. The fire Pin lets you create flames by drawing on the Stylus screen, the Quake pin involves shaking you DS as you play and one pin even involves shouting at the screen.

The complicated part is the secondary character on the top screen, they almost use the d-pad exclusively for their attacks and they basically have three to four scripted combos to use. The hard part here is trying to do both at once but a lot of that can be solved by setting up Neku to a playstyle that works for you.

The other thing I should mention is that the game does allow you to change the difficulty setting whenever you feel like it, the only thing it really affects detrimentally is the item drop rate, but if you're not playing for completionism, then there isn't an issue.
    Theres...autoplay on the second character and so far, I've found using the d-pad easier than using the stylus. I'm such a console gaming veteran, I guess thats why

But....changeable difficulty? Time to gloat to the brother and sister team who got me into SE games

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I'm not saying anyone is. I just think it's a good game that's very well contained in one entry. It doesn't need a sequel, and if there ever is one, I want it to be born from creative passion and innovative ideas, much like the first one, rather than from fan demand.
    I like what I played and just want more. A half-assed TWEWY 2 would be better than some of the full-assed products SE has been working on.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree For me personally, TWEWY was good enough that I just don't need a sequel. If they do one, it better be damn near perfect.

Blog Entries

Okay......now I'm stuck

I managed to work out i had to clean the statue then.....

I get two difficult bosses in a role?

What did I ever do to Squenix?

So......I'm yet to work out how to change the difficulties, is there an easy setting? MM likes to take the sissypants way out

UPDATE: I shall have another attempt at this, because y'know..........boredom. Its times like this i remember that Kanno is seven hours behind me. Time to be a

single female.png

So just after I whooped some ass, I found I had the option to change it to Easy so

My opinion on this game is so far, a little mixed. Some things are a little tricky and.....I'm not always in sync with the japanese mindset. I will face the firing squad for saying I don't like most of the music but.....there you have it.

I like how you can gain PP on the Pins when the DS is inactive. Its a subject for a different thread I think but, I do think the DS is the best thing Nintendo ever released, GameCube was pretty damn good too.

Anyway.....I'm at the beginning of Day 4.
    Last edited by Midgar Mist; 07-18-2016 at 04:18 PM.